Second coronavirus wave unlikely in Denmark: top expert

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2020, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

What would Shakespeare say about all this?
Old 05-14-2020, 04:30 PM
Default Couldn't resist.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
What would Shakespeare say about all this?
"Much Ado About Nothing", perhaps............
Old 05-14-2020, 04:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 024engine View Post
What does Denmark have to do with us?
They are a month into reopening, we can watch what they do and see how it works.

Plus they make nice pastries.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Good life = good info = good person
Old 05-14-2020, 07:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Denmark apparently has epidemiologists that are smarter than Dr Fauci.

A second wave of the new coronavirus is unlikely in Denmark as the reproduction rate has stayed below a key threshold since restrictions were eased a month ago, a top health expert said Tuesday.

The reproduction rate has fallen from 1.0 at the end of April to 0.7 in the first week in May, according to the state-run infectious disease prevention agency SSI, the nation's top institute of its kind.

A reproduction rate of 1.0 means that one person with COVID-19 infects on average just one other, while a rate of less than 1.0 indicates that the spread is declining.
"If the virus were allowed to spread freely and we were doing nothing, then it would be likely that we would have a second wave of COVID-19 ... but we have learned more about how to handle this illness," SSI expert Kare Molbak told reporters.

Denmark shut down schools, shops, restaurants and businesses in mid-March in a bid to curb the spread of the disease.

It was the first country in Europe to reopen its nursery and primary schools on April 15.
Since then small businesses like hair salons, dentist offices and tattoo parlours have been allowed to reopen, followed this week by shopping centres and department stores.

This progressive return to normal life has not led to an increase in the number of confirmed cases, with the reproduction rate remaining below 1.0.

Second coronavirus wave unlikely in Denmark: top expert
Denmark is a Country, unlike the USA, Italy, Spain. UK, etc. totally different.

I believe that that the USA must return to normalcy NOW !
Old 05-14-2020, 07:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Denmark is a Country, unlike the USA, Italy, Spain. UK, etc. totally different.

I believe that that the USA must return to normalcy NOW !
There is no country exactly like us, but we can learn from any country that is reopening on how to do it safely. Schools are schools, restaurants are restaurants etc.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Good life = good info = good person
Yayyyy! I do have a hidden agenda though. I want our country to get through this and get back on it's feet.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baywayric View Post
68% Say Lockdown Shouldn't End Until All Diseases Are Eradicated And There Is No War, Hunger, Or Suffering

U.S.—A new poll has been released that shows most Americans are comfortable with staying in lockdown for a while longer. In fact, according to the poll, a full 68% of Americans say the lockdown shouldn’t end until all diseases are eradicated, along with war, hunger, and any form of suffering.

This sentiment was repeated by many different Americans. “Opening up before everything that could hurt people has been eliminated could just lead to people dying,” said Kelvin Grant, an online journalist, who spoke via Zoom. “Let’s just hide in place until everything bad goes away.”

“As long as there are diseases and other bad things out there, it’s only safe to stay inside away from everyone else,” agreed Grace Wilson, a web designer, who spoke through a mail slot. “Like I saw a wasp outside the other day. We shouldn’t go outside until all wasps are gone. Or else someone could get stung. Stung by a wasp.”

A number of governors expressed solidarity with the poll results. “Everyone really should stay locked down and do everything I tell them until all bad things are gone,” said Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer. “Anything else could lead to death, disease, wasp stings, stubbed toes -- lots of badness. That’s why if anyone is outside when I tell them not to be, the police will shoot them.”

Since eliminating all bad things could take a long time, there are now some new initiatives to help people shelter in place for months longer, including instructions on how to burrow underground and live as mole people.

*Note, on the off chance it's not obvious, this is sarcasm *
If you have to explain a joke, maybe it is not a good joke.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
This thread is about Denmark reopening and how they are doing it. See if we can learn something as we begin to do the same.

Comparing how various countries responded initially to the pandemic is a completely different topic. Brazil is a mess and many think it will be the new hotspot.
History does NOT start when a certain topic or thread begins.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
History does NOT start when a certain topic or thread begins.
The history of how to reopen the economy is being written as we speak, if you want to discuss history of how various countries initially responded, start a thread.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Forget following Denmark. Kind of apples and oranges when trying to figure out what's in our future. All we need to do is look to Wisconsin in the good old USA. Way ahead of the game now.

Wisconsin bars packed with patrons almost immediately after court strikes down stay-at-home order - CBS News
Old 05-15-2020, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baywayric View Post
Sorry, Denmark has 16,000+ square miles.
okay, I forgot to add the "K"...good catch
Old 05-16-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
spent over a week in Denmark last summer, roaming around freely interacting with many of the locals (not on a tour)...nice country..

very, very different country, culture, behavior from what we have here in the States

I'm pleased to hear that Denmark may not encounter a serious second wave of the virus...they are good people

I also believe that we should be able to learn from everyone and study what they've done and the results that they achieve regarding covid-19

That said, give the differences and variables between the States and Denmark on so many levels, I just don't see how a comparison of Denmark to the US could be done 'apples to apples'

Soooooo true!! Comparing the US to most other countries does not work with the exception of maybe England. If anyone thinks we are like the Japanese, Swiss, Norwegians or Germans they a very mistaken. There society is totally different from ours and they have very different mindsets.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Soooooo true!! Comparing the US to most other countries does not work with the exception of maybe England. If anyone thinks we are like the Japanese, Swiss, Norwegians or Germans they a very mistaken. There society is totally different from ours and they have very different mindsets.
Uh huh...coronavirus enters a country and thinks "these people have different mindsets, I'm going to work differently here"

"Hey look, that Danish restaurant is open, but I won't spread there, gonna wait for a nice American one"
Old 05-16-2020, 09:39 AM
Platinum member

Coronavirus 1: Hey look! Denmark opened their schools and restaurants, lets go!

Cornavirus 2: Nah, waste of time, these people have different mindsets. Lets hop a plane to Florida and infect them when they open.
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, denmark, reproduction, spread, wave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.