Second Shot. So far so good

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2021, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Second Shot. So far so good

I got my second Moderna Covid-19 vaccine shot yesterday at 3:45. I was wondering if I might wake up today not feeling so good or with a headache or fever. So far I feel fine. I don't know if some of these adverse reactions come later but so far nothing.

I've heard that the reaction is because the vaccine is actually working. Now I'm wondering that since I'm having any reaction, is the vaccine not working?

By the way, I found out yesterday that it takes two weeks for the vaccine to become effective. So once you get your second shot, it's two weeks before your safe.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:36 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

I have heard stories which reveal that all can be fine for 24 hours or more then wham; reactions start. So please remain prepared.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-23-2021, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I had a bit of a reaction after the first shot of Moderna. I had the shot on a Thursday and I played 18 holes of golf on Friday. The entire round I was winded, out of breath. When I got home and looked up side-effects, it wasn't until I was on the FDA website and clicked on additional information I found "Difficulty Breathing" listed as a side-effect. My second day, a Saturday I felt very tired and fatigued and went back to bed. On Sunday I felt fine.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:56 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I had a bit of a reaction after the first shot of Moderna. I had the shot on a Thursday and I played 18 holes of golf on Friday. The entire round I was winded, out of breath. When I got home and looked up side-effects, it wasn't until I was on the FDA website and clicked on additional information I found "Difficulty Breathing" listed as a side-effect. My second day, a Saturday I felt very tired and fatigued and went back to bed. On Sunday I felt fine.
Glad Ur up & going & back at it.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I have heard stories which reveal that all can be fine for 24 hours or more then wham; reactions start. So please remain prepared.
I was wondering about that. I am waiting.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

After my second Moderna shot, it was 16 hours when I became feverish with nearly 103 accompanied by the usual body aches and malaise that I have any time I run a fever. By that night, my temp broke and by the next morning I was feeling perfectly fine and good to go.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
After my second Moderna shot, it was 16 hours when I became feverish with nearly 103 accompanied by the usual body aches and malaise that I have any time I run a fever. By that night, my temp broke and by the next morning I was feeling perfectly fine and good to go.
My wife had the same experience. Zero issues on first shot, but like you, had some after
second shot (this was Pfizer). When it cleared she was back to normal.

Good luck Doc
Old 02-23-2021, 05:30 PM

We had second shot going on one month next Saturday no problems.
I was worried after second shot b/c when my wife and I sat where we were told to wait 15 minutes before leaving a guy who looked like he lived off the grid w/ no mask ask the pharmacist aide for a certain product band aids I think.She pointed him to look right behind me and he started rumaging around looking. She then came over(masked) and helped him look. I sat there not payed attention except to ask if I’m in the way still not paying attention to Grizzly Adams. Well a month later I’m fine still being reminded of it by wifey but that will wear off soon.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:05 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I got my second Moderna Covid-19 vaccine shot yesterday at 3:45. I was wondering if I might wake up today not feeling so good or with a headache or fever. So far I feel fine. I don't know if some of these adverse reactions come later but so far nothing.

I've heard that the reaction is because the vaccine is actually working. Now I'm wondering that since I'm having any reaction, is the vaccine not working?

By the way, I found out yesterday that it takes two weeks for the vaccine to become effective. So once you get your second shot, it's two weeks before your safe.
3 of my friends, myself and my 90 yr old mom had absolutely no reaction to the second shot. I had 1 friend who had a small reaction the next morning. Nothing major. Just tired and slightly achy. I think alot of people are expecting a reaction and kinda imagine theyre sicker than they are. And yes, the shot works even with no reaction.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:21 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

Wait till you get the Blow-out Diarrhea line dancing ! Stay home & rest !
Old 02-24-2021, 06:37 AM

Received my second shot last Saturday and on Sunday I felt like I was coming down with the flu, I took a Tylenol and felt fine by that eveing
Old 02-24-2021, 06:59 AM

I have to laugh.

Years ago - ( I am in my 70s) - I remember all my old relatives - grandparents, great aunts and uncles, their old friends ..... would always sit around (this was well before any type of social media) and lament about who had the worse health issues and symptoms. They each thought they knew the causes, diagnoses and treatments for almost every disease and ailment out there...... as a child - I never understood why they did that and why they chose to do that rather than go out and do fun things.

They are long gone - but, I see things never really change......
Old 02-24-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I read that they initially said that 2-3 weeks after you get your first shot you were approximately 65% protected. Now they’ve raised that to approximately 85%. 2-3 weeks after the second shot it goes up to 95%.
The day after my first shot I nodded off a few times while watching TV so I guess that fatigue thing hit me.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up 2nd Shot

My wife had her second shot last Monday. Yesterday she had a low grade fever around 99
and today she seems fine. I guess you just wait and see, don't predict and all will be fine.
As a side note I would like to say how great the process is at the Civic Center in Wildwood.
They are totally organized, understanding and if you have to have this kind of thing they represent the gold level of care.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:12 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Just had the 2nd shot for my parents yesterday. Their arm was sore last night. Hoping for the best today. Getting my 1st shot later this week.
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, shot, weeks, reaction, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.