Second Shot. So far so good

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2021, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
It's been 39 hours as my only reaction has been that I felt very tired yesterday. That could have been because I decided to take it easy and do nothing yesterday so I sat in front of the television and dozed off several times.

So far I feel fine.

I'm wondering if all of this concern about side effects is because we only hear from the people that have them.
Probably right. I have heard several times by doctors that the older you are the less it seems that the shot effects you, as far as side effects. That's good news for many of us...IF true.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:12 PM

1st Moderna sore by the injection site. 2nd vaccine last week and nothing! a little sore by the injection site
Old 02-24-2021, 07:14 PM

Got my 2nd dose on Monday around 11:30. Felt great until TUESDAY evening when fatigue hit me so bad that, for the 1st time in my life, I had to hit the sack at 7:20 and slept for 13 hrs. Also had a slight headache and congestion. Feel great now. Guess it's working.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post
I have to laugh.

Years ago - ( I am in my 70s) - I remember all my old relatives - grandparents, great aunts and uncles, their old friends ..... would always sit around (this was well before any type of social media) and lament about who had the worse health issues and symptoms. They each thought they knew the causes, diagnoses and treatments for almost every disease and ailment out there...... as a child - I never understood why they did that and why they chose to do that rather than go out and do fun things.

They are long gone - but, I see things never really change......
Sadly, most of the health groups turn out to be, you think you have it bad I have is sooo much worse. What do they offer? You get to feel not only your pain but theirs as well.

I have a sort of hobby or reading old books. All what we think are new issues and problems were issues and problems in the past as well. We seem to have a need not to learn from the past and making the same old mistakes as if they are new.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Now they are saying that you are 75-80% safe after the first shot. New info keeps coming out all the time.
That is better efficacy than the J&J vaccine which is a one and done. This is getting very interesting. The more we know, the more we learn.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Good for you! It’s really only a very small percentage that gets side effects beyond soreness at the injection site.
Maybe all of this to do about side effects is because only the people that have adverse effects are the ones that post about it online. It's beginning to sound like the majority of people have no side effects at all.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Correcting

I want to correct a point in my feedback. It is not the "Civic Center" of Whildwood but rather the "Community Center" on Powell Road.
Also we were redirected there when GMR was cancelled on Buffalo Ridge. We originally
were at the Buffalo site.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Received my shots at Publix. No pain in first shot. Second shot, I didn't even realize that the lady had given it. Thought she made a mistake, but then toward night the arm started to feel a bit tender. During the night, it was pretty tender at the shoulder. In the morning, raising the arm was very sore, but basically felt as if someone had hit me on the upper arm real hard. Had a headache, but not sure if it was one of my regular headaches or related. Felt a bit warm, but was it my imagination?
12 DAYS!!!!! Then the mask will be off unless it is mandated by the business. And then, we'll see.
Find it hilarious that our grand leader is still wearing his mask on TV after having been inoculated a long time ago. I won't say any more or it might turn into a "political" thingy.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

We both got our second Pfizer shot yesterday morning at Lake County which did a marvelous job once again.

Both of us felt tired all afternoon, wife took long nap and I took a shorter one for about an hour, which for me is highly unusual.

Today my arm is a bit sore and wife woke with a headache.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Received my shots at Publix. No pain in first shot. Second shot, I didn't even realize that the lady had given it. Thought she made a mistake, but then toward night the arm started to feel a bit tender. During the night, it was pretty tender at the shoulder. In the morning, raising the arm was very sore, but basically felt as if someone had hit me on the upper arm real hard. Had a headache, but not sure if it was one of my regular headaches or related. Felt a bit warm, but was it my imagination?
12 DAYS!!!!! Then the mask will be off unless it is mandated by the business. And then, we'll see.
Find it hilarious that our grand leader is still wearing his mask on TV after having been inoculated a long time ago. I won't say any more or it might turn into a "political" thingy.
He is wearing his mask to protect those around him who have not been vaccinated yet. That is the understanding I have and I'm immune at this point too. I continue to wear a mask to protect others around me. I know I'm safe but I'm thinking of others who have not yet received their appointments for their vaccinations.

I'm waiting very patiently to hear from our experts that vaccinated people are not contagious and can not infect others with Covid. Until that time comes, I will continue to mask to protect others. It is not to protect myself at this point because I feel very safe out there.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We both got our second Pfizer shot yesterday morning at Lake County which did a marvelous job once again.

Both of us felt tired all afternoon, wife took long nap and I took a shorter one for about an hour, which for me is highly unusual.

Today my arm is a bit sore and wife woke with a headache.
Two days after the second Pfizer vaccine and we are both fine.

Waiting to hear updated guidelines to see how we will live our lives after the two weeks have passed.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I also!

I got my second Moderna Covid-19 vaccine shot yesterday at 3:45. I was wondering if I might wake up today not feeling so good or with a headache or fever. So far I feel fine. I don't know if some of these adverse reactions come later but so far nothing.

Weird, same time and results the same. I think some folks just get a kick out of scaring others.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:24 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Like Dolly Parton said, "I'm old enough and I'm smart enough. I'm gettin' the shot."

Mr. Boomer and I had the second Moderna shot yesterday. Doing fine. A little soreness at the injection site, but not much -- actually less sore than the first shot. I fell asleep watching television, slept for a few hours, went to bed and slept more, for a total of 12 hours. That's not my usual so maybe that was a side effect. Whatever it was, I feel just fine today and so does Mr. B.

They use a fine gauge needle -- so you barely feel it, if at all.

By the way, I sure am not one of those anti-vaxxer people, but just for the record, I have never bothered to get a flu shot. I have had the flu one time. That was in the 1980s. (I hope I am not found guilty of hubris and get slammed with the flu. Maybe sometime I will get a flu shot, but for now, so far, I have somehow dodged the flu -- for years and years.)

With this one though, I was very happy to get the vaccine as soon as I was eligible. Covid does not leave much margin for error if your immune system decides to roll over. A friend -- in his mid-60s -- healthy guy (was) -- spent nearly two weeks in the hospital, almost died, back home now, but worrying he might be one of the long-haulers.

The virus is one smart little . That spikey thing is slicker than snot on a doorknob and is always looking for a ride.

I'd rather take my chances with the vaccine. If Bill Gates is tracking me, he is going to be really bored. I have not looked in the mirror for a few hours, but I don't think I am turning into a werewolf. I guess I'd better go check.

Boomer
Old 03-06-2021, 02:46 PM

What site is everyone going to, to get these vaccines.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Like Dolly Parton said, "I'm old enough and I'm smart enough. I'm gettin' the shot."

Mr. Boomer and I had the second Moderna shot yesterday. Doing fine. A little soreness at the injection site, but not much -- actually less sore than the first shot. I fell asleep watching television, slept for a few hours, went to bed and slept more, for a total of 12 hours. That's not my usual so maybe that was a side effect. Whatever it was, I feel just fine today and so does Mr. B.

They use a fine gauge needle -- so you barely feel it, if at all.

By the way, I sure am not one of those anti-vaxxer people, but just for the record, I have never bothered to get a flu shot. I have had the flu one time. That was in the 1980s. (I hope I am not found guilty of hubris and get slammed with the flu. Maybe sometime I will get a flu shot, but for now, so far, I have somehow dodged the flu -- for years and years.)

With this one though, I was very happy to get the vaccine as soon as I was eligible. Covid does not leave much margin for error if your immune system decides to roll over. A friend -- in his mid-60s -- healthy guy (was) -- spent nearly two weeks in the hospital, almost died, back home now, but worrying he might be one of the long-haulers.

The virus is one smart little . That spikey thing is slicker than snot on a doorknob and is always looking for a ride.

I'd rather take my chances with the vaccine. If Bill Gates is tracking me, he is going to be really bored. I have not looked in the mirror for a few hours, but I don't think I am turning into a werewolf. I guess I'd better go check.

Boomer
The time to worry is when you look in the mirror and nobody is home.
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, shot, weeks, reaction, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.