security cameras

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2017, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post
Just a thought for those who use a cable or landline based system. Pay attention to where your cable or phone wiring enters the house, if it can be accessed on the outside of your home it can be cut and your system is rendered inoperable. If a cell connection is available it is much more secure.
An excellent point. I have all my services in rigid conduit. The Cell service is an excellent option. Its going to be more difficult to disable. It is also possible to disable the cell service by jamming it.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
An excellent point. I have all my services in rigid conduit. The Cell service is an excellent option. Its going to be more difficult to disable. It is also possible to disable the cell service by jamming it.
For the most part the bad guys want easy targets, Anything you can do to make life difficult for them (rigid piping) is a good thing. Just having an alarm co sign visible may be enough to move them on to another target. But if they're determined to get in a specific house not much is gonna slow them down
Old 04-28-2017, 11:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post
For the most part the bad guys want easy targets, Anything you can do to make life difficult for them (rigid piping) is a good thing. Just having an alarm co sign visible may be enough to move them on to another target. But if they're determined to get in a specific house not much is gonna slow them down
I agree. A professional knows how to get past much of this. You're looking to stop the amateur who is looking for a target of opportunity. I never keep anything in the house I'm not willing to possibly loose. Anything of real value is in a safe deposit box. If your going to put a good safe in the house, remember to bolt it to the floor well. Several years ago there was a break in in the area. They just picked up the safe and took it. The story I saw on the news which was disturbing were the two men who broke into a home even after they were confronted by the owner with one of these ring door bells. In that case, if your home, and some one trips the alarm and continues to break in, get out as fast as you can. This is never a good sign. Besides the feeling of insecurity you will have after a break in, the mess left behind is ridiculous. A simple sign in the yard or a locked screen door on the Lanai can do wonders. Even the pros are reluctant to try a house which is not a slam dunk. To those that believe buying a firearm is the answer, if you don't have something that trips off and wakes you up, you just might find that along with your wallet your firearm was stolen also. The best system is the one that convinces the thief to pass you by and move on to another house. Where I live all of my neighbors are nosy along with me. We all know when each of us are not home for a length of time. A good deterrent is a can of wasp spray next to the bed, or your car keys where you can press the panic button and make the car start to scream. Burglars hate loud noises.
Closed Thread

Tags
security, cameras, brand, good, diy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.