Seen a good movie? Read a good book? Please recommend!

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I'm always searching for a 'good read'...especially these days

in another thread someone mentioned the book "Double Whammy" by Carl Hiaasen. I'm just about finished with it and recommend it to anyone that enjoys a light hearted crime/intrigue story...the setting is in FL and it's the first of an 11 book series

If you like realistic spy/intrigue, Ludlum and Clancy wrote some good ones....author Brad Thor is also great, first of his that I read was "The Afghan".

Clive Cussler wrote some great ones too...sprinkled with more humor

if you've traveled to Greece and the Greek Isles and like murder/intrigue Jeffrey Siger has a nice 11 book series starting with "Murder in Mykonos"

Another series of mystery/intrigue that is riddled with humor begins with the book
"The Road To Key West" by Michael Reisig...and there are a dozen in this series...my wife keeps laughing out loud when reading these
Always like how very often he will put himself in the book as a minor character.
Old 10-24-2020, 11:37 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj6426 View Post
There are some wonderful shows on PBS --and on Netflix and Prime. What have you seen that you would love to recommend to others?

And there are so many good books out there too-- both fiction and non-fiction .
I would love to hear what some of your favorites are-- and they don't have to be on the best seller list--and they don't have to be "new!" One of the best books I remember reading was "Presumed Innocent,"by Scott Turow, which many of you may have read many years ago.
I could go on and on but would love to hear what your favorites are!
A variety of books that I have read. The science ones are not too technical.

Rum Truck. Mike Avitadle
Our Husband. Stephanie Bond
The Cat Who Could Read Backwards. Lilian Jackson Braun
The Boys In The Boat. Daniel J. Brown
Dance of the Winnebagos. Ann Charles
A Crack in Creation. Jennifer Doudna , Sam Sternberg
Baby Grand. Mike Faricy
The Runaway Jury. John Grisham
Lost in Math. Sabine Hossenfeld

Last edited by John41; 10-24-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
love, good, favorites, books, hear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.