SeriusXM Radio Special Offers

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2017, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

I listen to it in the car, but the majority of my listening is through the app on my iPhone.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:48 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Seriously, Sirius? Seriously?

Can anybody explain this bizarro business plan to me?

Why don't they simply offer a decent product at a decent price to gain loyal customers, instead of this smoke and mirrors routine, requiring constant monitoring and frustrating phone calls.

Didn't Sirius once have a competitor? I think they swallowed it or something. Can't remember and no time to look it up right now. Are they now the only game in town? -- Never a good thing.

We have it in both cars but the agreement is under Mr. Boomer's jurisdiction so I don't pay attention. He never reads TOTV but I am going to show him this thread.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Boomer; 06-20-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
I have had Serius XM radio in my cars for a few years. I have never liked the way they do business but kind of didn't think much about it because I do enjoy what they offer when I'm driving.

After MANY months of back and forth between my Visa credit card company, Capital One, and Serius XM, I won a fraud case for $600+. Serius XM repeatedly billed me for service on a car that I no longer owned! The incident isn't as cut and dry as I'm making it sound, however, and in the spirit of less boredom for you, I'm trying to shorten the scenario. There was much more going on than what I've written, but I think you can get the gist of what happened.

For everyone's benefit, I will tell you that they lie, will never get back to you when they say they will and have many different prices for the same service. It all depends upon your ability to bargain and I do mean strongly bargain.

My advice to you is to keep track of how much you pay them, when you pay them and for what duration of time. If you do not cancel, they will keep billing you at the highest rate.

Throughout the many months of trying to get this straightened out, Capital One and their representatives were terrific and a God send. Without them I would have been left holding the bag.

Forewarned is forearmed, my friends.
Similar experience way back before Howard Stern joined them. I had all the information about cancelling but they charged me anyway and would not let me off the hook even with names, dates, time. I wish 640 AM would reach out to us on our trips to NJ. I turn on the Sirius for our trip and cancel it when we return they have improved they refund the $$Money$$ quickly.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Seriously, Sirius? Seriously?

Can anybody explain this bizarro business plan to me?

Why don't they simply offer a decent product at a decent price to gain loyal customers, instead of this smoke and mirrors routine, requiring constant monitoring and frustrating phone calls.

Didn't Sirius once have a competitor? I think they swallowed it or something. Can't remember and no time to look it up right now. Are they now the only game in town? -- Never a good thing.

We have it in both cars but the agreement is under Mr. Boomer's jurisdiction so I don't pay attention. He never reads TOTV but I am going to show him this thread.

Thanks for the info.
They have over 31 million subscribers. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I thoroughly enjoy it, and for the $100 a year, I get my money's worth.

I'm not sure what you mean by "requiring constant monitoring and frustrating phone calls." You enter a one year contract. When they year is up, you either renew or cancel. The renewal rate is clearly explained when you sign each year. Is it a pain to call them and ask about a discounted rate once a year, no. Not in the least.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Gold member

we actually hate the talking from the dj's....shut up already and play the darn music.....,

we like comcost 70's at home.....no dj's
Old 06-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Soaring Parsley

Photo 1902,

OK. Thanks. All I know is what I have read on TOTV about the price-changing routine, etc. I thought it sounded like it needed too much attention and wondering why. It is a monopoly I am pretty sure.

As I said, Mr. Boomer takes care of that and I don't pay attention to how ours works. He has not complained. I will check with him though.

Also, I just now read that Warren Buffett has bought in. (SIRI)

Last edited by Boomer; 06-20-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Photo 1902,

OK. Thanks. All I know is what I have read on TOTV about the price-changing routine, etc. I thought it sounded like it needed too much attention and wondering why. It is a monopoly I am pretty sure.

As I said, Mr. Boomer takes care of that and I don't pay attention to how ours works. He has not complained. I will check with him though.

Also, I just now read that Warren Buffett has bought in. (SIRI)
In addition, you are notified prior to your one year contract expiring. I get my notification by email. If you forget to call and renegotiate a price, your credit card will get charged for the full amount. I usually put it on my phone calendar to remind myself to make the call.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
In addition, you are notified prior to your one year contract expiring. I get my notification by email. If you forget to call and renegotiate a price, your credit card will get charged for the full amount. I usually put it on my phone calendar to remind myself to make the call.
Good idea. Mr. B loves his phone calendar. I will remind him to have his phone calendar remind him.

Interesting company.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Good idea. Mr. B loves his phone calendar. I will remind him to have his phone calendar remind him.

Interesting company.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Platinum member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
mos, seriusxm, special, offer, radio

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.