Shopping

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Default Shopping

Hi, I am looking for shopping malls near The Villages that a 16 year old girl would LOVE . I don't want to drive the interstate and wonder if anyone can help me. We are in TV for March and April and can't wait. My niece and her Mom (my sister) are visiting in March and I need ideas for shopping of course. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Shopping

You can shop till you drop in TV. If you are looking specifically for malls, I guess Ocala's Paddock Mall would be closest. It is accessible by county roads or the interstate.
Have fun while staying in TV.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:45 PM

Lakeside Mall on 441 in Leesburgh, about 35 - 40 minutes on secondary roads. No highway driving required. Actually, you can go anywhere without highway driving if you have a good map and the time. Try visiting Mount Dora it's on the map via 441.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

The Seminole Town Center Mall near Sanford would impress the fussiest teen.
About 45-60 min via 441 south to 46 east.
Right where I-4 crosses 46
http://www.simon.com/mall/directory.aspx?ID=122
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 01-20-2008, 10:40 PM

Thank you...am not sure there is "stuff" for a teemage girl in TV itself. We were there for a few days last year and I loved it but...I don't think it's for a teenager.
I looked into Seminole, Altamonte and Florida malls. All great for her.
Questions re the driving...Looks like I need to drive 27, 441 a lot, and 46,423 and 436... are they busy roads, divided full of trucks etc ? I ask b/c I am used to ordinary roads in Ontario and am nervous about freeways. Thank you to anyone who can give me advice.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If you stay off the interstates, it's not too bad. I've seen very few big rigs on 441/27 and I'm on it a lot.

Just go at off hours -- late morning to early afternoon. While there isn't a tremendous amount of commute traffic, there is some.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Veteran member

Hwy 46 to Seminole mall is a 2 lane road for the most part. Becomes divided near the mall. No big rigs to speak of.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 01-21-2008, 12:38 AM
Sage

It's not that close, but it's not far either. And every 16 year (and me!) will go nuts over this mall. It has all the designer names. (I'm sure she saw The Devil Wears Prada) It's absolutely beautiful and incredible restaurants. Have fun! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

http://www.mallatmillenia.com/experience/experience.htm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.