Should Michael Vick Lose His Job over Dog Fighting?

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Default Re: Should Michael Vick Lose His Job over Dog Fighting?

Yes. The dogs have no voice over what happens to them.

I'll never understand what drives humans to be so cruel to animals.

The guy is a deadbeat.

Unfortuntely we have a short memory here and he will most likely play again.

Greed and money is what drives big business and football has become big businees.

This too shall pass.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:45 PM

That man makes my blood boil! He's a sick man! Drowning and hanging dogs because they lost a test fight...it's so aweful. I hate him. Hate is a strong word but he's such a :edit: :edit: :edit:...you get the point...I garee with whoever said they should take his money and give it to animal relief places...

It also just makes the Pitbull breed look even worse! I own one...I've had her since she was 5 weeks old and she's my child so to speak. I would trust her around anyone no matter how young or old. It's all in how you raise them! I want people to understand that as well....
Old 08-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Banned

Bottom line - he's going to jail, and unless he plans to do the stage version of "Longest Yard", he's out of pro football.

Pro athletics are not a society unto itself, even though it can seem that way sometimes. It's entertainment, and the entertainment dollar keeps it going. I don't plan to spend any of my entertainment $$$ on Michael Vick, Mike Tyson and several others like them. I didn't spend any $$$ on anything involving a certain draft dodger, be cause in my book he wasn't "the greatest" at all. That's my choice because it's my money.

For those who want to spend their money to see Michael Vick do anything at all, again, its their money. Just don't ask for any of mine.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default It's Against The Law...

...and if Vick didn't know that, he should have.

Chances are that Vick grew up in an environment where dog-fighting was common and accepted. The "sport" is objectionable to most people, but probably few in the circle of friends and relatives of Vick. But it is against the law (in Georgia, at least) and Vick must face judgement for violating those laws. End of that part of the story.

The gambling part of the incident seems to be more offensive to his employer, the Falcons and the NFL, than his status as a convicted felon. Again, he must face whatever penalties the NFL chooses to mete out after his period of incarceration is completed.

The combination of the two "penalties" seems tough, but Vick should have considered what he was getting into before he started.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:00 PM

Dog fighting is gambling, its done for a purpose, its not soccer!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Gold member

Yes, he should lose his job.
He lied and tried to cover his "tracks" because he knew it was wrong and illegal.
If you can brutalize animals in the manner he did, my question is, what else is he capable of doing?
I think Nanci2539 has come up with the perfect series of punishments.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:52 AM

Either way his life is over as he imagined it. Now he is only sorry, no good, stupid, drug using, piece of trash that he always was now he just can't make any money anymore. I don't think he needs to be banned for life (though I would love him to be banned from society) since any team that would take him at this point would open themselves up for such an uproar that a second rate quarterback like Vick just isn't worth it.

Did I mention that I lived in Georgia prior to TV ???? All his charming escapades were well covered by the press.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:00 AM

Just a thought ...

Do you think the judge or jury will sentence him to serve time in "dog years?" ;D
Zug, Switzerland
Usingen, Germany
Woodstock, GA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.