A current border event that need not be political

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default A current border event that need not be political

I just could not pass up the opportunity to post this article for discussion without inciting a political debate.

Most know about our immigration situation...like it or not....agree or disagree is not the point of this post.

The point of this post is to show the flagrant differences in approach to border control....using the same borders and the same people:

A fee to go into Mexico? Pilot program underway - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

After I read it I could not stop laughing. On one hand there is a philosophy that supports an open border with little control reqired. By the other involved country they have among the strictest border control to a point where visitors must pay to come in.

Given the state of the two countries involved I just find it absolutely comical, discouraging and depressing all in one.....so I chose to laugh.

Maybe this should be posted in the for fun forum

Please walk the fine line of staying away from a political foray and cast your opinion/comments.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Sage

Perhaps turnstiles should be installed. That way you'd have to pay coming AND going.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Sage

It's strange because the fee will only be charged to pedestrians who cross at certain border points and stay longer than 7 days or go there to work.

Seems like part of the reason might be to protect certain Mexican jobs? It might not be a bad idea if it works and thereby helps to keep Mexicans in Mexico.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Veteran member

Everything is getting easier, it seems....

"The Mexican government on Thursday will start issuing birth certificates to its citizens at consulates in the United States, seeking to make it easier for them to apply for U.S. work permits, driver’s licenses and protection from deportation."

Immigrants Can Now Get Mexican Birth Certificates In U.S. « CBS Los Angeles
Old 01-15-2015, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

what ever it takes to make it as accomodating as possible for the UNDOCUMENTED ILLEGALS to partake of the bountiful benefits being offered and encourage more to come on up!!!!

Should those benfits be classified as illegal benefits.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:57 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I am so sorry but I can't touch this without either ignoring the OP's caution or being deleted by a moderator
Old 01-15-2015, 12:25 PM

Why is it that when you come from Mexico your an illegal immigrant and when you come from any other country your welcome. Canadians have been coming to the US illegally for years. It's just not on the news as much. They get visas to work then stay. Same as Asian worker etc. just saying.......
Old 01-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow1 View Post
Why is it that when you come from Mexico your an illegal immigrant and when you come from any other country your welcome. Canadians have been coming to the US illegally for years. It's just not on the news as much. They get visas to work then stay. Same as Asian worker etc. just saying.......
I think you status is defined by how you enter the country - through a legal port of entry where they check your documents or through the desert at night.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:54 PM

Visa fees on entry are quite common. I have paid them in Ecuador as well as Vietnam. Fortunately, I did not have to pay in Mexico last month but sounds like a good money maker for Mexico with all the tourist traffic!
Old 01-15-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow1 View Post

Well, I just can't remember the time when we had hundreds of thousands of Canadians come flooding across the border, year after year, after....... Plus 1 thing that makes it worse is that the majority of other countries speak and understand English, so you don't have to spend a fortune to accomodate the language barrier. And while I am sure there are plenty of illegal drugs everywhere, you don't hear much about the Canadian drug cartels. And if you are here illegally, I don't care who you are, you are not welcome here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.