Old 05-27-2020, 09:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
How many cities , do you go to and buy more then one beer
To be polite... what?
Old 05-27-2020, 09:20 AM

OMG. $675 a month. Expensive? Seriously? Only $225 of that is for the actual lot rental. The rest covers not only community amenities, but ALSO includes HD Cable, high speed Internet, yard maintenance, water, sewer, trash pickup, taxes, common area and road maintenance, a shuttle bus(!), and more. Can anyone live that cheaply in TV for all that? I think not. Just saying.

https://www.simple-life.com/wp-conte...alue-Fee-1.pdf

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 05-27-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
OMG. $675 a month. Expensive? Seriously? Only $225 of that is for the actual lot rental. The rest covers not only community amenities, but ALSO includes HD Cable, high speed Internet, yard maintenance, water, sewer, trash pickup, taxes, common area and road maintenance, a shuttle bus(!), and more. Can anyone live that cheaply in TV for all that? I think not. Just saying.

Apples and oranges
Old 05-27-2020, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post

Yes, my home;

Electric SECO $85 (runs $80 to $90)

Water, sewage, garbage, amenity fee $240 (runs $225 to $250)

Directv $150

Century Link $50

Taxes, Bond and Maintenance were $2100, I get exceptions for a VA disability, but you asked can anyone. So if you want, you can add $200 a month for taxes.

I have no grass, so my yard maintenance I handle myself. I spray my pesticides, fertilize my shrubs and pull weeds. The amenity fee covers the maintenance of TV. That's $525 a month and I could probably knock $50 or more off I went with streaming television. This is for a 1200 sf masonry CYV in Tamarind Grove, very central location. If you want to include taxes, bond & maintenance, that would be $725 a month.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
How many cities , do you go to and buy more then one beer
How many cities , do you go to and buy more then one beer...when you know you have to drive home afterward. Who goes to listen to live music while eating a five-course meal?
Old 05-27-2020, 10:19 AM

A tiny house seems like an interesting lifestyle at first but they don’t cost less and owners are still dependent on a landlord. Most are not easy nor inexpensive to move. But their biggest drawbacks are safety and maintenance.

How would you keep your entire home from being towed by a thief? What are the fire ratings? What are the wind safety ratings for hurricanes and tornadoes? Would it be more vulnerable to forced entry? How long is the expected life span of a tiny house? What will the maintenance be in five or ten years? Unlike motor homes, what are the safety regulations and licensing requirements? What are the consumer protections for tiny home buyers?

Fear of commitment/putting down roots is what seems to motivate interest in tiny houses more than a need for a more economical independent home. Alternative housing solutions aren’t always better than the standard housing choices and tiny homes seem to have all the same problems as mobile trailer homes do, but with less size and more cost.

Ultimately Villagers will pay more—for Pool and Rec center monitoring, as well as general wear and tear in commons areas & many other hidden increases— because of increased population densities of these & other new nearby dwellings.

Last edited by ALadysMom; 05-27-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:38 PM
Send a message via AIM to Emmakrock@yahoo.com

Yes but those aren’t village homes.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

My reply was to the person who claimed that they would just take up space in village square and only buy one beer
Closed Thread

Tags
simple, homes, life, add, check

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.