The Sky is Falling

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Search: "High Cholesterol & Liver Problems" or "Liver Function and Cholesterol Levels" (Livingstrong.com)

"High cholesterol levels can lead to a build up of fat in your liver potentially causing.....fatty liver disease." If left untreated, it can lead to scarring and eventual liver failure.

I remember reading a report on this some time ago stating that more and more kids are developing fatty liver disease.
Do you have a link to that story? Anyone can take a comment out of context.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
I guess they pay people to sit around and invent problems attributable to our culture/lifestyle/society.

I just saw on the news that there is major concern over the amount of cholesterol children are getting from Easter Eggs.
So I guess that means chickens have high cholesterol????

Which came first, the egg or the cholesterol?????

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 04-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Do you have a link to that story? Anyone can take a comment out of context.
Unlike you, I at least provided the words for a search. Was that too difficult for you?

How did you ever get the impression in the first place that the news story was making a big thing out of nothing? Talk about getting something out of context!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...t-in-children/

Cholesterol Implicated in Progression Of Fatty Liver Disease: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0915205102.htm
Old 04-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Unlike you, I at least provided the words for a search. Those words (in your search engine) will provide a connection between "fatty liver disease" and cholesterol. Is that too difficult for you?

How did you ever get the impression in the first place that the news story was making a big thing out of nothing? You made a joke out of a serious disease and you had nothing to back it up. Pretty lame, in my opinion.

Fatty liver disease: More prevalent in children | Fox News

Help Page -- ScienceDaily (Cholesterol Implicated in Progression Of Fatty Liver Disease)
Easy. Ever try to get a kid to eat too many hard boiled eggs?

I apologize if I said something that made you think I value your opinion.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Our society is intent on taking all the joy out of living by telling us how bad everything is for us. Moderation is the key to happiness---try to forget about all the "evils" out there in our food, air and water that are trying to kill us and enjoy what you like.
Relax and enjoy the ride. A long life isn't promised to any of us, so enjoy the moment.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Our society is intent on taking all the joy out of living by telling us how bad everything is for us. Moderation is the key to happiness---try to forget about all the "evils" out there in our food, air and water that are trying to kill us and enjoy what you like.
I would say the opposite: Society is intent on putting joy in living by telling us we should eat all the processed junk-foods we like. Moderation of junk-food consumption is what we have been doing all along, to the effect that about 65% of people are overweight or obese.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I would say the opposite: Society is intent on putting joy in living by telling us we should eat all the processed junk-foods we like. Moderation of junk-food consumption is what we have been doing all along, to the effect that about 65% of people are overweight or obese.

Many people eat healthy diets that are moderate and not extreme and contain SOME junk food. Junk food sometimes tastes real good...and enjoying it occasionally can still be healthy.

Being healthy can be described in lots of ways and one might be...not obsessed.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:33 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Relax and enjoy the ride. A long life isn't promised to any of us, so enjoy the moment.
Yes, enjoy the ride.

Sometimes life is too long...............just visited my in-law in the nursing home. I hope my good friend just shoots me when life has gone on too long.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:43 PM

With all the issues in the world today why in the world would anyone worry about children eating Easter eggs once a year. BFD
Old 04-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Many people eat healthy diets that are moderate and not extreme and contain SOME junk food. Junk food sometimes tastes real good...and enjoying it occasionally can still be healthy.
Well, it's certainly not working for the 65% who are overweight or obese. That was my point.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
With all the issues in the world today why in the world would anyone worry about children eating Easter eggs once a year. BFD
The complete story was never reported to us here. We only have a brief summary/opinion by the OP as to what it was about. Perhaps Easter eggs provided an excuse to talk about something that's going on every day. High protein, high fat diets are very popular today for couples trying to lose weight. And some parents may be putting their children on the same high fat, high protein diet.

I don't think it was just about eating eggs on Easter.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.