Are Soc. Sec. and Medicare important to you?

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2020, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Nope. Infant mortality is a very small part of determining the quality of health care in differing countries. Like I said before, if you haven't lived in other countries, you have absolutely no way of understanding the difference between "their" health care system and treatment and ours (America). Another area to consider when comparing is the cost and the available service. But, Americans think that other countries are great because they have "free" health care. There is NO "free" health care. If you pay out half or more of your paycheck to the gov to pay for the "free" stuff, you will appreciate the difference also.
I'd be curious as to which country makes you pay more than half of your income to the government for healthcare.

I too have lived more than half my life overseas, and found the health care coverage in my original "home" country much preferable to what we have here - and the tax rates are about the same. Quality of care is just as good, perhaps even better in many ways. There's far too many middlemen with our system, and the billing is so opaque it makes competition a joke.

I really struggle to see what's so great about our heatlhcare system here given we spend so much for so little. For that I suspect we are over-billed and perhaps also over serviced.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:51 AM
Veteran member

I worked and paid for these for 40 years. I spent time away from my family working when I would rather have been home. Yes, they both help a lot with our overall total income and make things easier but I would have moved here anyway even if I had to work part time. Medicare help with my wife's health issues a lot.
Closed Thread

Tags
security, medicare, soc, important, sec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.