Some Bright Notes While We Disagree

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2020, 01:02 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts
Default Some Bright Notes While We Disagree

- A joint MIT and Harvard study has determined that the Wuhan Virus has difficulty transmitting in temperatures over 77 degrees. They have determined that the rate of transmission drops an average of 1.7% for each degree at 77 or above. Adding in humidity and wind enhances the decrease. Today will be around 90 and humid. You have a 22% to 25% LESS chance of getting infected.

- Yesterday, Moderna, a pharmaceutical development company, announced positive results in it's first trial of a revolutionary new way to design a vaccine based on genetic research. Using genetic mRNA ( ribonucleic acid) from the SARS-CoV-2 virus ( Wuhan Virus). the mRNA tell the body to begin producing antibodies to the virus which block the virus from entering the cells. No actual virus is used or injected, just this "messenger" RNA. After two doses over 43 days, test subjects had similar or far greater antibodies than those found in the blood serum of recovered cases. No adverse side effects were found. Phase 2 is under way with an increased number of test subjects and Moderna expects to have millions of doses ready later this year.

- Finally, Sorrento Theraputics, another developer, announced last Friday that they had isolated an antibody, STI-1499, that they claim can provide "100% inhibition of the Wuhan Virus. Injecting the antibody eliminates the need for a vaccine to do the work. More testing needs to be done but it is promising.

Bottom line, American genius and American business are running at top speed to eliminate the threat. Things are looking up!
Old 05-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Yes indeed.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,788 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
- A joint MIT and Harvard study has determined that the Wuhan Virus has difficulty transmitting in temperatures over 77 degrees. They have determined that the rate of transmission drops an average of 1.7% for each degree at 77 or above. Adding in humidity and wind enhances the decrease. Today will be around 90 and humid. You have a 22% to 25% LESS chance of getting infected.

- Yesterday, Moderna, a pharmaceutical development company, announced positive results in it's first trial of a revolutionary new way to design a vaccine based on genetic research. Using genetic mRNA ( ribonucleic acid) from the SARS-CoV-2 virus ( Wuhan Virus). the mRNA tell the body to begin producing antibodies to the virus which block the virus from entering the cells. No actual virus is used or injected, just this "messenger" RNA. After two doses over 43 days, test subjects had similar or far greater antibodies than those found in the blood serum of recovered cases. No adverse side effects were found. Phase 2 is under way with an increased number of test subjects and Moderna expects to have millions of doses ready later this year.

- Finally, Sorrento Theraputics, another developer, announced last Friday that they had isolated an antibody, STI-1499, that they claim can provide "100% inhibition of the Wuhan Virus. Injecting the antibody eliminates the need for a vaccine to do the work. More testing needs to be done but it is promising.

Bottom line, American genius and American business are running at top speed to eliminate the threat. Things are looking up!
Sorrento is hooked to China. I’m not interested, myself. Working in America and using our ingenuity or totally brilliant on their own? I’d rather have the vaccine if that would be the case.

Last edited by Aces4; 05-19-2020 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Sorrento is hooked to China. I’m not interested, myself. Working in America and using our ingenuity or totally brilliant on their own? I’d rather have the vaccine f that would be the case.
I really do not see a reason for this anti-Chinese sentiment. I am glad that the trade agreement is in place, but I do not believe that the virus is a weapon from Wuhan.

Not using a tool to save lives is shooting ourselves in the heart.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I really do not see a reason for this anti-Chinese sentiment. I am glad that the trade agreement is in place, but I do not believe that the virus is a weapon from Wuhan.

And that is why we are not independent of China since they now produce a great amount of our pharmaceutical rx’s along with other important products. Many of us were raised not to put our health and safety in the hands of a hostile, foreign government. Perhaps you’ve heard about them attempting to hack American scientists computers to gain the inroad on this virus. Also, research performed in labs in America has been stolen and then patented by China.

BTW, this isn’t about the Chinese people, it is about the regime running their country.

Last edited by Aces4; 05-19-2020 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:59 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,623 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
And that is why we are not independent of China since they now produce a great amount of our pharmaceutical rx’s along with other important products. Many of us were raised not to put our health and safety in the hands of a hostile, foreign government. Perhaps you’ve heard about them attempting to hack American scientists computers to gain the inroad on this virus. Also, research performed in labs in America has been stolen and then patented by China.
The Chinese have been ripping off our intellectual property all my adult life. When I started as a Patent Examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office in 1966 the more experienced Examiners were referring to knock-offs as "Chinese copies", a term I had not heard before.

As IT and the internet developed they started to spy on us with what they sold to us. Much of what they build and sell is suspect, their phones, drones, vehicular hardware and software and much more.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-19-2020, 04:58 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I trust the WHO and they are not blaming the Chinese. Monitor, please stop deleting my opinions.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:02 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I have tried to agree with you on this twice. I believe the World Health Organization when they say China has been transparent on this issue.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
I trust the WHO and they are not blaming the Chinese. Monitor, please stop deleting my opinions.
If it helps, I mentally deleted your statement as soon as I read it.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
If it helps, I mentally deleted your statement as soon as I read it.
Best post of the day..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-19-2020, 08:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Sorrento is hooked to China. I’m not interested, myself. Working in America and using our ingenuity or totally brilliant on their own? I’d rather have the vaccine if that would be the case.
Please elaborate with some backup to your claim. I cannot find anything other than the founder is of Chinese descent.

I also listed THREE examples of progress. You want to disregard them all?? Well, I at least tried to bring some science into the disagreements rampant here lately.

Last edited by Aloha1; 05-19-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
I must respectfully disagree with you. There is ample evidence that the Chinese Communist Party deliberately withheld information on this virus and that WHO accepted it hook, line, and sinker. We also have video of the #3 person at WHO refusing to acknowledge the name of the country of Taiwan in regards to their volunteering information about the outbreak in January. Much kowtowing to the CCP by WHO. Please do some research.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Please elaborate with some backup to your claim. I cannot find anything other than the founder is of Chinese descent.

I also listed THREE examples of progress. You want to disregard them all?? Well, I at least tried to bring some science into the disagreements rampant here lately.
I can’t link urls. Therefore, I suggest you do online research for San Diego, June 4, 2019 Sorrento Therapeutics forms joint Chinese venture. Dig around awhile and it appears that Sorrento owns 40%, Life Tech (Chinese) owns 60% since this venture. I heard earlier in a news report that the company with this possible treatment is Chinese.

I do appreciate your other good news.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:46 AM

Be very careful of who you trust these days. Remember when we used to trust the news?
Old 05-20-2020, 04:51 AM

Be very careful of who you trust these days. Remember when we used to trust the news? There is so much corruption and it's usually about power or money. When we start believing something or someone without first doing our homework and researching whatever or whoever it is, then we become sheep and just follow the rest. Be aware
Closed Thread

Tags
virus, wuhan, antibody, doses, announced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.