Some Bright Notes While We Disagree

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2020, 07:30 AM
Default Thanks for some sanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I really do not see a reason for this anti-Chinese sentiment. I am glad that the trade agreement is in place, but I do not believe that the virus is a weapon from Wuhan.

Not using a tool to save lives is shooting ourselves in the heart.
Graciegirl, one day, I must meet you!!
Old 05-20-2020, 07:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Fletcher View Post
Everyone is focused on if the Chinese Government is on the up and up. Maybe someone can give an example of a Government that is on the up and up?

It is all politics and the simple fact of life is everything is sadly all about politics.

If only we could think bigger than The USA and think about mankind.

Just sayin
Baloney. If China would have reached out to the USA when this virus first occurred there, I know the USA would have done everything they could to help stabilize the virus and China. Big difference.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:38 AM

Thanks
Appreciate your thoughts!
Old 05-20-2020, 07:43 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Our government was fully aware of this virus in early January. Why were we not notified immediately?
Old 05-20-2020, 07:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdoug49 View Post
Moderna vaccines study was deeply flawed and the stock dropped Tuesday
Bottom line United States leads the world in deaths by a wide margin by cov-19. MAke America sick again
Moderna's vaccine study was deeply flawed? You must be from the future since they haven't published a study yet, just a press release about promising early results. If you bothered to read the article in Forbes or Stat News you would know this.

The two experts they interviewed for those articles basically said we need all the data published before knowing if this is truly a breakthrough. Moderna says they will publish all the data when the study is completed.

Final quote from one of the experts:

“I would like to see the data to make my own interpretation of the data. But I think it is at least encouraging that we’ve seen immune responses with this RNA vaccine that we haven’t seen with previous RNA vaccines for other pathogens. Whether it’s going to be enough, we don’t know,” Durbin said.

PS I wonder if this had something to do with stock market dropping yesterday.

The Congressional Budget Office also released a bleak outlook on economic growth and unemployment, predicting a 38% drop in second-quarter GDP as 26 million Americans remain without a job.

Last edited by GoodLife; 05-20-2020 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:51 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Our government was fully aware of this virus in early January. Why were we not notified immediately?
Because China lied about the contagion factor, wouldn’t share information about the virus and sent their Wuhan citizens around the world. We all heard about this virus by early January but do you really believe Americans would have allowed a total shutdown of the government in early January? Dream on.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:59 AM

Wow two encouraging statements in the first post then boom. Down the tubes you all go. I was told this was not a nice place. Now I see why.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
"The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It's a very, very low risk to the United States," Dr. Fauci January 27

Risk of coronavirus to USA is miniscule, skip the mask and wash your hands
Dr Fauci Feb 17
Old 05-20-2020, 08:03 AM
theruizs

It is COVID-19, not the “Wuhan virus.” The latter is just anti-Chinese propaganda that does no good for anyone to keep repeating. Sad to see that is being used in what are supposed to be reports on scientific breakthroughs.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foruhun View Post
Thanks
Appreciate your thoughts!
You’re welcome!
Old 05-20-2020, 08:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
"The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It's a very, very low risk to the United States," Dr. Fauci January 27

Risk of coronavirus to USA is miniscule, skip the mask and wash your hands
Dr Fauci Feb 17
As we were advised by China who would not allow the USA scientists access.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
- A joint MIT and Harvard study has determined that the Wuhan Virus has difficulty transmitting in temperatures over 77 degrees. They have determined that the rate of transmission drops an average of 1.7% for each degree at 77 or above. Adding in humidity and wind enhances the decrease. Today will be around 90 and humid. You have a 22% to 25% LESS chance of getting infected.

- Yesterday, Moderna, a pharmaceutical development company, announced positive results in it's first trial of a revolutionary new way to design a vaccine based on genetic research. Using genetic mRNA ( ribonucleic acid) from the SARS-CoV-2 virus ( Wuhan Virus). the mRNA tell the body to begin producing antibodies to the virus which block the virus from entering the cells. No actual virus is used or injected, just this "messenger" RNA. After two doses over 43 days, test subjects had similar or far greater antibodies than those found in the blood serum of recovered cases. No adverse side effects were found. Phase 2 is under way with an increased number of test subjects and Moderna expects to have millions of doses ready later this year.

- Finally, Sorrento Theraputics, another developer, announced last Friday that they had isolated an antibody, STI-1499, that they claim can provide "100% inhibition of the Wuhan Virus. Injecting the antibody eliminates the need for a vaccine to do the work. More testing needs to be done but it is promising.

Bottom line, American genius and American business are running at top speed to eliminate the threat. Things are looking up!
Where can I find these studies or the source of these studies
Old 05-20-2020, 08:16 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

If the virus not not intentionally put out but mistakenly put out, I find little comfort in that. It looks like it originated in Wuhan, so calling it that does not seem inappropriate to me. The WHO not listening to Taiwan, who used the best methods and suffered the least in the world, is just plain stupid and can be attributed to it’s ties to China and did a huge disservice to the rest of the planet in what should have been it’s primary job. The EU supporting WHO and lambasting us for our criticism can pony up the dough to support it.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
As we were advised by China who would not allow the USA scientists access.
January 20 China confirms human-to-human transmission as WHO emergency group meets
Old 05-20-2020, 08:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
January 20 China confirms human-to-human transmission as WHO emergency group meets
Hence, the travel ban for which much grief was given.
Closed Thread

Tags
virus, wuhan, antibody, doses, announced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.