Some things for sale in Classified.

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2018, 01:58 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

My sincere apologies. I took it as a slam on Chris’s veracity, not the joke that flew right over my head.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
This reply makes me think of the really really rich who just want to make money for money's sake. I often think of how much good that money would do for people who are absolutely desperate ............. it takes all types I guess.
Remind you of anyone in TV?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-10-2018, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,678 Times in 5,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I cannot imagine spending that kind of money on something so frivolous. I would rather have a nice trip somewhere, but that is just my opinion. I understand there are people who value such items just not me.
I agree. The person who buys the genuine Rolex is the one who gets ripped off. There is a tv commercial for an expensive watch (not Rolex) where the slogan is "see what this watch can say about you". To me, it says "that person is an egotistical idiot to buy such an expensive watch".
Old 05-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,678 Times in 5,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Am I the only one who wonders occasionally....

Are these hot?
I don't wonder if things are hot, but I do wonder why people sell things that should really be given away or donated to charity. Also, I wonder why people expect to sell used furniture and electronics items for what I consider to be double what they are worth. If you buy a piece of furniture that you don't like, you cannot expect someone to bail you out and haul it away. You need to take a substantial loss on it and move on. And, electronics items that are more than a few years old are not worth much at all.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

High end vehicles, 'name' clothing, expensive wines and liquors and so on all have huge profit margins. Few are marketed in volume as scarcity, real or artificial, adds to their perceived value. Some people do buy expensive items they really can't afford to impress others as many if not most of these things are marketed to whoever will pay the price. Others who can afford them simply enjoy the finer things in life and what these things cost means little to them.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
wonders, occasionally, hot, sale, things

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.