Something to think about and ponder...

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2018, 08:18 AM
Sage
Default Something to think about and ponder...

I saw this posted on another site and thought it was too good NOT to share:

"She asked him, 'How much are you selling the eggs for?'
The old seller replied, '$.25 an egg, Madam.'
She said to him, 'I will take 6 eggs for $1.25 or I will leave.'
The old seller replied, 'Come take them at the price you want. Maybe, this is a good beginning because I have not been able to sell even a single egg today.'

She took the eggs and walked away feeling she has won. She got into her fancy car and went to a posh restaurant with her friend. There, she and her friend, ordered whatever they liked. They ate a little and left a lot of what they ordered. Then she went to pay the bill. The bill costed her $45.00 She gave $50.00 and asked the owner of the restaurant to keep the change.

This incident might have seemed quite normal to the owner but, very painful to the poor egg seller.

The point is,
Why do we always show we have the power when we buy from the needy ones? And why do we get generous to those who do not even need our generosity?

I once read somewhere:

'My father used to buy simple goods from poor people at high prices, even though he did not need them. Sometimes he even used to pay extra for them. I got concerned by this act and asked him why does he do so? Then my father replied, "It is a charity wrapped with dignity, my child”

I know most of you won't share this message but if you feel that people need to see this, then do spread this message."
Old 11-28-2018, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post

The old seller replied, 'Come take them at the price you want. Maybe, this is a good beginning because I have not been able to sell even a single egg today.'

She took the eggs and walked away feeling she has won. She got into her fancy car and went to a posh restaurant with her friend. There, she and her friend, ordered whatever they liked. They ate a little and left a lot of what they ordered. Then she went to pay the bill. The bill costed her $45.00 She gave $50.00 and asked the owner of the restaurant to keep the change.

This incident might have seemed quite normal to the owner but, very painful to the poor egg seller.

The point is,
Why do we always show we have the power when we buy from the needy ones? And why do we get generous to those who do not even need our generosity?

I once read somewhere:

'My father used to buy simple goods from poor people at high prices, even though he did not need them. Sometimes he even used to pay extra for them. I got concerned by this act and asked him why does he do so? Then my father replied, "It is a charity wrapped with dignity, my child”

I know most of you won't share this message but if you feel that people need to see this, then do spread this message."
YOU and your thoughts are one of the blessings of moving here to The Villages.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Such a nice way to package a message.
Thanx for sharing it. I will be passing it along to friends and family.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Good moral to the story for sure. One thing I noticed is that the egg buyer was a cheapskate to the seller and the same when leaving a tip. A second moral may be is that you can't fix cheap.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Sage

To add to the post.... one would ask if your cup is half full or half empty...OR if you're just grateful to have a cup.

Me...I'm grateful to have the cup!!!!
Old 11-28-2018, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post

The point is,

I once read somewhere:

""For what shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" — Jesus (Mark 8:36)"

From one site that carried this story you posted.....the title was "Profit At Any Price".......the response is so appropriate in our times.
---------------------------

"Why the title: "Profit At Any Price?"

Because we are all tempted to sacrifice our souls for profit, power, position, prestige, privilege, promotions, popularity, pride, prejudice, politics, prosperity, possessions, or pleasures. So by changing our paradigms, we can become the best versions of ourselves and help make our world a better place to live."
------------------------------

A message everyone should heed at this time.

Profit At Any Price : 25 cents an egg

And thankfully, the message is, or should be universal...
Old 11-28-2018, 11:14 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Generosity is usually learned at a early age and taught in the family. The lack of family taught values leads to a lack of generosity.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Why do we always show we have the power when we buy from the needy ones?

And why do we get generous to those who do not even need our generosity?

A perfect and legitimate question/point...in this day and age!

Old 11-28-2018, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
""For what shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" — Jesus (Mark 8:36)"

From one site that carried this story you posted.....the title was "Profit At Any Price".......the response is so appropriate in our times.
---------------------------

"Why the title: "Profit At Any Price?"

Because we are all tempted to sacrifice our souls for profit, power, position, prestige, privilege, promotions, popularity, pride, prejudice, politics, prosperity, possessions, or pleasures. So by changing our paradigms, we can become the best versions of ourselves and help make our world a better place to live."
------------------------------

A message everyone should heed at this time.

Profit At Any Price : 25 cents an egg

And thankfully, the message is, or should be universal...

Yep!
Old 11-28-2018, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Beautiful. The best thing is to do for another and never talk about it to anyone. I say this constructively. Try it.

Last Holiday Season I said the same thing and somebody said I just bragged about doing something for someone. That was not my intent in the message.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Beautiful. The best thing is to do for another and never talk about it to anyone. I say this constructively. Try it.

Last Holiday Season I said the same thing and somebody said I just bragged about doing something for someone. That was not my intent in the message.
Care not what folks say on here......just be moral and honest...

"“The most truly generous persons are those who give silently without hope of praise or reward.”

Carol Ryrie Brink
Closed Thread

Tags
seller, eggs, egg, replied, asked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.