Sometimes...

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2018, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Had a hamburger, steak, farmed salmon, shrimp, chicken breast lately? They were all sequestered animals.

No, it's not "different" Killing a sequestered cow with an air powered bolt to the brain while it is held immobile so you can enjoy your filet mignon is no different from raising Bambi on a hunt farm and shooting him with a scoped rifle.
I don't eat ANY of those things, so yeah, I stand by my statement.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I don't eat ANY of those things, so yeah, I stand by my statement.
So you are a total Vegan, no use of any animal derived products in your lifestyle? It's basically impossible but please explain.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:12 PM
Sage

My statement was that I don't condone sequestering animals for the sport of shooting them. Does anyone eat a lion who is confined so that they go out and kill them to feel macho? Don't answer that... I don't really care. Raising animals for food and killing them for sport are too entirely different things.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
My statement was that I don't condone sequestering animals for the sport of shooting them. Does anyone eat a lion who is confined so that they go out and kill them to feel macho? Don't answer that... I don't really care. Raising animals for food and killing them for sport are too entirely different things.

Your statement was "you don't eat any of those things" ie: farm raised meats and fish. So which is it? All your farm raised meats and fish are sequestered and fed until killed and packaged nicely at Publix. To the animal, whether its a cow sequestered and shot thru the brain with an air powered bolt, or a deer, raised on a hunt farm and shot with a scoped rifle, the end result is the same.
Neither are what one would call a "sporting kill", but I'd wager the deer enjoys a better life than the cow.

They both die and then are eaten
Old 02-13-2018, 08:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Your statement was "you don't eat any of those things" ie: farm raised meats and fish. So which is it? All your farm raised meats and fish are sequestered and fed until killed and packaged nicely at Publix. To the animal, whether its a cow sequestered and shot thru the brain with an air powered bolt, or a deer, raised on a hunt farm and shot with a scoped rifle, the end result is the same.
Neither are what one would call a "sporting kill", but I'd wager the deer enjoys a better life than the cow.

They both die and then are eaten
My original statement stands.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:37 PM
Platinum member

I will clarify my views by saying that I don't condone poachers that kill and sell animal parts for profit, although there are poachers who kill animals illegally in order to eat and survive (they don't have a publix nearby) I also do not condone trophy hunters that kill only for ego and to mount the heads in their living room.

But hunters who kill deer etc for the meat to feed their family, and shoppers buying neatly shrink wrapped packages at their local market, there is no difference between the two. The hunter on a hunting farm, where animals are raised to be killed, is no different from average shopper.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Which one?
Old 02-13-2018, 08:39 PM
Gold member
Default There is a theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is a very unusual conversation.

I turn the channel when animals eat other animals. I know it happens, but it makes me sad. An animal killing a human, no matter what he did, is not something I could celebrate.

I think this may be an estrogen vs. testosterone thing.
The only reason mankind survived is because they taste bad.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
The only reason mankind survived is because they taste bad.
Wrong. We survived because we were smarter and had superior survival skills. Think the lions ate this guy because he tasted bad?
Old 02-13-2018, 08:56 PM
Gold member
Default This whole thread is foolish

Quote:
Wrong. We survived because we were smarter and had superior survival skills. Think the lions ate this guy because he tasted bad?
some of these posters think an animal attacks THINKING about vengeance. Man is one of the only animals, other than monkeys that has any concept of vengeance. An animal, or most animals will by instinct attack to protect it's young or perhaps it's territory.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
some of these posters think an animal attacks THINKING about vengeance. Man is one of the only animals, other than monkeys that has any concept of vengeance. An animal, or most animals will by instinct attack to protect it's young or perhaps it's territory.
So now we are switching from humans surviving because they taste bad to "its all about the vengeance"

If a human, or a bear, attacks to protect their young, what is their main motivation? Here is a clue.

Humans are animals too.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
It is very hard to think like others on certain issues. I have never understood boxing, or wrestling on any level. Again I think it goes back to hunter/gatherer, estrogen/testosterone thing.

I am not a vegan, and have tried to teach my kids and grandkids not be vegans, simply because I believe it is not healthy for carnivores. But all things considered, there are other personality issues that we were either born with or adopted in each our own very different lives. In this it is not a right or wrong issue, good or bad, but simply what our inner self feels comfortable with.

Tags
reportedly, poacher, south, suspected, lions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.