Sometimes...
Home

Menu

Sometimes...

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions FREE Static Cling Locations
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 08:37 PM

I will clarify my views by saying that I don't condone poachers that kill and sell animal parts for profit, although there are poachers who kill animals illegally in order to eat and survive (they don't have a publix nearby) I also do not condone trophy hunters that kill only for ego and to mount the heads in their living room.

But hunters who kill deer etc for the meat to feed their family, and shoppers buying neatly shrink wrapped packages at their local market, there is no difference between the two. The hunter on a hunting farm, where animals are raised to be killed, is no different from average shopper.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My original statement stands.
Which one?
Sponsored Links
There is a theory
Old 02-13-2018, 08:39 PM
Gold member

Default There is a theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is a very unusual conversation.

I turn the channel when animals eat other animals. I know it happens, but it makes me sad. An animal killing a human, no matter what he did, is not something I could celebrate.

I think this may be an estrogen vs. testosterone thing.
The only reason mankind survived is because they taste bad.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
The only reason mankind survived is because they taste bad.
Wrong. We survived because we were smarter and had superior survival skills. Think the lions ate this guy because he tasted bad?
This whole thread is foolish
Old 02-13-2018, 08:56 PM
Gold member

Default This whole thread is foolish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Wrong. We survived because we were smarter and had superior survival skills. Think the lions ate this guy because he tasted bad?
some of these posters think an animal attacks THINKING about vengeance. Man is one of the only animals, other than monkeys that has any concept of vengeance. An animal, or most animals will by instinct attack to protect it's young or perhaps it's territory.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
some of these posters think an animal attacks THINKING about vengeance. Man is one of the only animals, other than monkeys that has any concept of vengeance. An animal, or most animals will by instinct attack to protect it's young or perhaps it's territory.
So now we are switching from humans surviving because they taste bad to "its all about the vengeance"

If a human, or a bear, attacks to protect their young, what is their main motivation? Here is a clue.

Humans are animals too.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My original statement stands.
It is very hard to think like others on certain issues. I have never understood boxing, or wrestling on any level. Again I think it goes back to hunter/gatherer, estrogen/testosterone thing.

I am not a vegan, and have tried to teach my kids and grandkids not be vegans, simply because I believe it is not healthy for carnivores. But all things considered, there are other personality issues that we were either born with or adopted in each our own very different lives. In this it is not a right or wrong issue, good or bad, but simply what our inner self feels comfortable with.
Closed Thread

Tags
reportedly, poacher, south, suspected, lions