Spyware on TOTV web site

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Platinum member
Exclamation Spyware on TOTV web site

In the past I have recommended periodically running the anti-spyware programs Spybot Search and Destroy, and Malware Bytes in order to remove spy programs that track your activity on your computer.

Spyware programs record what you look at; which sites you visit; what you are interested in, and the information is sold to advertisers, often resulting in spam in your inbox and pop up ads on your computer.

On my computer there is a line that appears in the lower left hand corner of the screen that lists what is happening, such as waiting for a site to respond.

I noticed today that when I am on the TOTV site and moving from page to page there is often an indication that Doubleclick is active. Doubleclick is a Google program that is essentially spyware as I've described above.

I don't know whether or not TOTV gets payment from Google for the presence of Doubleclick, or if they are even aware of its presence. But YOU should be aware of what's going on.

Again, run the anti-spyware programs listed above, often, and protect yor privacy.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:01 AM

Yep..it is happening here also using Comcast internet

PLUS ..what is with the video ads that take forever to load.

PLUS.. when shutting down the computer, get message...

....'waiting for TALK HOST to close'"

then a box to click which asks...
..........................................'force shutdown of TALK HOST.'

ONLY happens at shutdown IF Ihave been on TOTV.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:05 AM
Gold member

We are being watched everywhere we go and most everything we do. It's good that you are at least trying to limit your exposure.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Double Click is with Google. It is NOT malware for anyone who may be concerned with that. Any browser you use IE: Google/Yahoo/Bing/Etc, etc wants to track your interest so that if an ad is delivered up to you when you are on the internet it is relevant to your interest.

We are aware that Google uses this when delivering ads on TOTV. As a user experience if you have to see an ad why not see something relevant to your interest vs. a random ad.

It is not anything that is harmful to your computer but if you want more privacy from any of these browsers you have to take steps such as Carl has.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.