Stand Ur Gound

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The term is minimum LETHAL force. In other words, just enough force to kill someone but no more. It's possible that in some instances a person might survive minimal lethal force.

If a person is attacked and feels that their life is in jeopardy, they may shoot their attacker. If that stops the attack, then they must stop shooting. If the attacker is lying on the ground and the threat has obviously been stopped then the shooting must cease.

If in that example the shooter got up and shot the attacker while he was lying on the ground it would be considered excessive lethal force.
Very well said. I remember reading an article that in many cases a person will survive being shot. To many people watch two many movies where the person shot immediately falls to the ground and is incapacitated. The video of this shooting shows real life. The officers did a good job on the investigation and the shooter was lucky it was all caught on video.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:44 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
Very well said. I remember reading an article that in many cases a person will survive being shot. To many people watch two many movies where the person shot immediately falls to the ground and is incapacitated. The video of this shooting shows real life. The officers did a good job on the investigation and the shooter was lucky it was all caught on video.
In a lot of Police shootings, the officer almost empty their pistol, rapid fire until the perp is on the ground. Very difficult to fire once and see if that worked.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
In a lot of Police shootings, the officer almost empty their pistol, rapid fire until the perp is on the ground. Very difficult to fire once and see if that worked.
Three officers shot 18 rounds, unfortunately also hitting the hostage who was apparently getting her throat cut by the man with the very long kitchen knife. LAPD releases video of fatal police shooting of female hostage held at knifepoint | Fox News

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 08-02-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
death, shooting, thinks, escalated, quickly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.