Stolen Flags

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Eternal Member
Default Stolen Flags

I fly my American flag and my USMC flag 24X7X365 with a light. This morning both were missing. Talk about ****ed off!!

Since I do fly them 24X7X365 I can only think that it is the bored grandkids out on a lark to see what they can do. I am sure that the deviate(s) that took my flags probably laughed about all the way home and are taking them back to where they came from to put out as trophies.

I really think it sucks that anyone would take anyone's flags. These scum probably do not know what we went through defending our country to be able to fly the flag.

I hope they rot in HELL!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:34 AM
Sage
Default Re: Stolen Flags

That is horrible, Z. I can't believe anyone would steal a flag.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:20 AM

Hey,
You are right.
However the only ones that really knows are us.
The one's that have given and answered the Call

Stand Proud
I will stand with you along with the many who know what you are saying

Da Sgt will always stand with you
get a new one if needed I will pay for it love your brothers
Old 12-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Oh, John, I'm sorry. What a mean, ugly thing to do. I wish that people would teach their kids the meaning of the flag, the blood that was shed for it, the pride and love in it.

Now, I'm an Army brat and truly have been taught that Marines are okay to make jokes about them since they are such leathernecks. (Sorry!) I also plead guilty to the fact that I might just have considered swiping a Marine flag as a kid if I thought I could get away with it but more because of rivalry issues than any true meanness. Whoever took your flags was certainly not doing it in that spirit.

So, as a military brat proud of her father's and brother's service, I would humbly like to offer to either assist in buying or buy you a new American flag. Sorry, my dad would roll over in his grave if I bought a Marine flag.

Having said that, SEMPER FI

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
I fly my American flag and my USMC flag 24X7X365 with a light. This morning both were missing. Talk about ****ed off!!

Since I do fly them 24X7X365 I can only think that it is the bored grandkids out on a lark to see what they can do. I am sure that the deviate(s) that took my flags probably laughed about all the way home and are taking them back to where they came from to put out as trophies.

I really think it sucks that anyone would take anyone's flags. These scum probably do not know what we went through defending our country to be able to fly the flag.

I hope they rot in HELL!

CAVEMAN! I understand your anger and justifiably so.

If your village has a web page, I would suggest you enter a Plea for the return. Kids are not clever thieves, trust me I know from Years of school bus driving. The flags might be sitting on someones lanai and the property owner or finder doesn't have a clue where they belong. SO. make some conversation peacefully and you might be surprised that they might show up. Ask around the neighborhood
If they didn't make it to someones suitcase someone will question there presence, even after they get home. Keep the faith "cave". Don't judge the kids by one kids foolish bad choice. Sometimes they have to learn the hard way. When we meet I'll share a foolish thing I did when I was a kid and It made me, to this day never, never litter.

Handie :joke:
Old 12-25-2007, 05:53 PM

yes, Z it is terrible. But, perhaps, they will fly them at home. You never know; they may see their errant ways. I know, hard to believe..but it is within the realm of possibilities.

I know you will fly new ones proudly soon again.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Platinum member

NO COMMENT :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:
Old 12-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

Z

That's awful. God bless you though for flying the flags so proudly. Hope you get them back.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 12-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Sage

Zcave.....Sorry to hear about your purloined flags....really low class act to take them. Along the lines of Handie's suggestion, perhaps post a notice at your local postal facility...maybe someone will know what happened or 'fess up. If you put your address on the note, they might even return the flags in the dark of the night.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Veteran member

Z.

This is a testament to what American youth has become - No respect. Maybe someday they'll have the opportunity to defend our flag which undoubtedly will give them a different perspective to this outrageous and thoughtless offence. I hope for your flag's save return.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 12-27-2007, 04:43 AM
Veteran member

:realmad: No respect for a veteran or for the American flag?! :realmad:

They're lowlife swine!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Sage

Nobody best touch my 7th Cav flag

GARRY OWEN
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-27-2007, 12:51 PM

Any Luck on the Flag ???

1/10 (Air) Cav 3/5 (Air) Cav Always Infantry 20yrs.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmickey
:realmad: No respect for a veteran or for the American flag?! :realmad:

They're lowlife swine!
Both!!!
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 12-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Same thing happened to us in 1996 after we moved into our house; I was so angry I called the police and went door to door asking my neighbors if anyone knew about the theft. My flag was on one of those poles attached to the side of my house so the culprits had to come up onto my front steps to swipe it. That took a :edit: load of nerve!!!!! All I really wanted was for the flag to be returned. Needless to say I never saw it again so I replaced it with an even larger flag which has never been touched by any "unauthorized" individual.

In retrospect it was probably removed by our next door neighbors who were some of the most disrespectful, hateful, deceitful, dishonest, criminal, violent, child abusing, racist and despicable people with whom I've had the displeasure to share the same planet! The upside is that the scumbags moved away and our neighborhood returned to the friendly, peaceful place it had been before those awful people moved here.

I empathize with you and thank you for your service to this country.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.