Stone Creek Del Webb Input

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Default Stone Creek Del Webb Input

We have rented in The Villages for 5 years and are now ready to buy a home in Florida. Have always loved TV, but we spent several days at Stone Creek on the visit program and my husband likes the quieter peaceful atmosphere. Hard to compare 4 days at Stone Creek to the lengthier time we have had here. If you have lived in Stone Creek previously, would love some input on your experience. Picking a community clearly comes to what's important to each couple, but any insight to your experience would be appreciated.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I would try and rent first. Maybe start your search over and look at other communities in the area. I think you realize you are looking for a life style.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Sage
Default Stone Creek Del Webb Input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Addict View Post
We have rented in The Villages for 5 years and are now ready to buy a home in Florida. Have always loved TV, but we spent several days at Stone Creek on the visit program and my husband likes the quieter peaceful atmosphere. Hard to compare 4 days at Stone Creek to the lengthier time we have had here. If you have lived in Stone Creek previously, would love some input on your experience. Picking a community clearly comes to what's important to each couple, but any insight to your experience would be appreciated.

My house, my neighborhood is quiet and peaceful. If I want more, I just hop into the golf car and drive. I like the energy here, IF I choose, on my terms if I want quiet. Also, if need be, a house in The Villages does and will sell quicker and for more money than surrounding communities.
Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2018, 11:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think the OP has had enough time to evaluate whether The Villages is the place they want to live or not.

Some things are just a matter of personal choice.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-12-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I like Door #1. Since you've already rented in TV five times, now you could rent from Stone Creek or Del Web and make a true comparison before buying You might find it too quiet, in which case go with Wiotte's idea, especially if your husband wants peace and you prefer activity.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

I have not been to Stone Creek. I looked at the video - very nice. Location just outside of Ocala. Access to anything you need restaurants, shopping, tourism, major medical facilities etc. The outdoor and indoor pools look fabulous. It appears to have many rec center activities including billiards and exercise equipment. Pickle ball courts and a ball diamond. Nice championship golf course. Houses big and beautiful with large lots. Prices very reasonable. You may have a winner there - good luck. I'm going to swing through there and have a look when I'm up that way.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Stone Creek Community Association - Stone Creek Clubs, Interest Groups & Committees
Old 03-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

If you want a community a little less " busy" than The Villages take a look at HarborHills, very peaceful neighborhood but still very close to the hustle and bustle of the villages when you want that activity. The home sites are 1/2 acre or larger, especially on the resale homes. If you are into many daily activities and clubs and golf cart accessibility to everything you may need then TV would be a good choice.

Last edited by Bill32; 03-13-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:44 AM

Citrus Hills is very nice, too. It’s 45 minutes from TV. They have a preview program and you’ll get a lot of house and upgrades for your money.
Eco friendly & No Gas Golf carts. They’re all electric and used on the Courses. No golf cart tunnels or infrastructure.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Once inside the cocoon of Stone Creek the ambiance is no quieter than in any village in The Villages.

The comparable scenario would be once leaving Stone Crest or one's village here what does one deal with.

Highway 441 or villages traffic.

We did a week at Dell Webb and a week in The Villages.....15 years ago.

Traffic wise one looks at local traffic within TV versus the seemingly always busy highway 441.

We chose TV lifestyle with it's many, MANY more options.....and there are many, MANY more options today.

Good luck in your decision making.....make sure it is a consensus between the two and not a compromise!!
Old 03-12-2018, 10:12 AM

We looked at other developments but in the end thought....why? We came down because of all the wonderful things in The Villages...why live outside of all those things. There are many, many quiet neighborhoods here especially near the outer borders and....you also get to be a Villager.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Of interest would be the "feel"of the place. When I first came to TV it was less than 35K people. Had a small town feel. I'd see the same people everywhere. For the most part everyone was very congenial and well behaved. It now has a different feel. I go to town square and don't recognize the faces and overhear many conversations of being from outside TV. I also have observed a degree of rudeness and entitlement that I don't remember 10+ years ago. You were in TV long enough to know the feel that exists now. How was the "feel" in Stone Creek in your short stay there ?
Old 03-12-2018, 12:28 PM

Have not been to stone creek, but as an fyi...have visited two del Webb locations outside of nashville, one in Mt. Juliet and the other in Spring Hills with Spring Hills being very new. In summary i was very impressed with both with all positive ratings in every category. Good luck and keep me posted as to how you finally decide!
Old 03-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
My house, my neighborhood is quiet and peaceful. If I want more, I just hop into the golf car and drive. I like the energy here, IF I choose, on my terms if I want quiet. Also, if need be, a house in The Villages does and will sell quicker and for more money than surrounding communities.
Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is easier to find a quieter lifestyle than it is to find an active and noisy lifestyle' he simply can stay in the house while you go out. Just compromise with him that you won't force him to go out too.

Just because two are married to each other should not mean that they are glued to each other. There are days when my husband does his thing and I do mine, and we meet for dinner to share our days with each other.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think the OP has had enough time to evaluate whether The Villages is the place they want to live or not.

Some things are just a matter of personal choice.
I agree and I think it is pretty much evident that TV is where she wants to stay.
Closed Thread

Tags
creek, stone, experience, days, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.