Stone Creek Del Webb Input

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Once inside the cocoon of Stone Creek the ambiance is no quieter than in any village in The Villages.

The comparable scenario would be once leaving Stone Crest or one's village here what does one deal with.

Highway 441 or villages traffic.

We did a week at Dell Webb and a week in The Villages.....15 years ago.

Traffic wise one looks at local traffic within TV versus the seemingly always busy highway 441.

We chose TV lifestyle with it's many, MANY more options.....and there are many, MANY more options today.

Good luck in your decision making.....make sure it is a consensus between the two and not a compromise!!
Are we sure we want that many many more options to choose from? I have reached this point in my life where I am too tired to have to make complicated decisions or to have to choose from too many options.

There are many elderly men who retired from busy, complicated lives want to take it easy. The wives may have to look for their own activities instead of having to constantly to need their spouses to provide some excitement. Retirement is not a good time for either spouse to become needy.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Addict View Post
We have rented in The Villages for 5 years and are now ready to buy a home in Florida. Have always loved TV, but we spent several days at Stone Creek on the visit program and my husband likes the quieter peaceful atmosphere. Hard to compare 4 days at Stone Creek to the lengthier time we have had here. If you have lived in Stone Creek previously, would love some input on your experience. Picking a community clearly comes to what's important to each couple, but any insight to your experience would be appreciated.
Of interest what did you find in TV that you couldn't find at Stone Creek ? If so is it something that's very important ? I know after 10+ years some of the items I thought I would be doing have been dropped by the wayside. I simply lost interest after a steady diet. I moved here for the golf. I still play a lot of golf but it does not excite me the way it used to when I first moved here.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:34 PM

I sent you a PM Addict
Old 03-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you mean the one close to Ocala consider the distance to shopping and doctors. I would go a few miles north on 200 and look at the different communities.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:38 PM

We did the 4 night visit program in February. Great deal and worth to do sometime if you are interested. It is a beautiful facility. $100K less than TV for a more upgraded home, less property taxes, and no bond. Great amenities and a new less than 10 year old community. My husband loved Stone Creek. I also think it would be a great community, but I enjoy the Executive Golf Courses and Music on the Squares at TV which Del Web does not have. I change my mind daily and hourly between the two-- but hope to make a decision before we head home May 1. Posted this hoping to find someone who has experienced both to give me additional insight.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:43 PM

Stone Creek only has 1 country club golf course. I enjoy the Executive Courses in TV. I also enjoy live music and believe I would frequent the squares. There is little opportunity for that there. Del Webb does have a beautiful peaceful community. No high crowds or traffic. Truly gated secure community. Lovely facilities - about 30 clubs not 2,000. Just sorting out what's most important to us. Appreciate everyone's thoughts.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:39 AM
Sage

Does Stone Creek have a shuttle to the airport? For some reason I fear living far away from convenient transportation to a major airport.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Does Stone Creek have a shuttle to the airport? For some reason I fear living far away from convenient transportation to a major airport.
Many private cars will drive you to TV or stone creek for same amount of money

Last edited by asianthree; 03-13-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I always wonder when someone mentions some place near TV instead of TV. If you're looking outside the box, why limit yourself to Sumter, Lake or Marion County. In Stone Creek you won't be close enough to go to the squares, you won't be able to use the golf courses. You'll be shopping near your new place, going to Ocala to see a movie, playing golf on your new community's course.

If I didn't live in TV, I would look at Heritage Pines. It's in Pasco County, just below Spring Hill. It's 30 minutes to Clearwater and some of the prettiest beaches in America. 40 minutes to Tampa, with an Int'l Airport, pro football and hockey, and 50 minutes to St.Petersburg and many attractions and profession baseball.

Google Maps

Heritage Pines - Home Page

https://www.55places.com/florida/com...-pines-florida

Here's a resale on the market right now for $179K

The Villages Florida

http://properties.sarahambrose55plac...dson-FL-34667#
Old 03-13-2018, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Many private cars will drive you to TV or stone crest for same amount of money
Not Stone Crest - It's Stone Creek near Ocala.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

Here's my two cents for what its worth. Came down to the Village Area in 2003 to look around. Looked at every community with in a 50 mile radius of Lady Lake. Liked the Villages but could not afford what I wanted. So I purchased a house in Stonecrest in 2004. Still here and have seen lots of changes. One thing to remember, is some day you will need to sell the property. Location, location, location, really does make a difference. Its one of the reasons my house is on the Golf Course. Now will my house appreciate in price as much as the Villages, NO. But it will sell and will appreciate, just not as much. When we first got here all the commotion in the Villages was very exciting, the squares, the festivals, etc, etc. Even all the clubs here in Stonecrest. We were involved in all kinds of things. When you live here year round its different then just coming down for 3 to 4 months. Now 14 years later. Both my wife and I gravitated back to living the way we did before we came here. NO more commotion, no more squares, etc, etc. We have looked at moving but here is what we always come back too, the logistics of the area is hard to beat. Doctors, restaurants, shopping, and everyday needs are either a short drive by car or golf cart. Walmart, Aldis, Lowes, several restaurants, gambling, and shopping are right outside my gate. All accessible by Golf Cart. Remember what may seem important to you today may be different 10 years down the road. I've been spoiled by the area. There is no other like it.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Addict View Post
Stone Creek only has 1 country club golf course. I enjoy the Executive Courses in TV. I also enjoy live music and believe I would frequent the squares. There is little opportunity for that there. Del Webb does have a beautiful peaceful community. No high crowds or traffic. Truly gated secure community. Lovely facilities - about 30 clubs not 2,000. Just sorting out what's most important to us. Appreciate everyone's thoughts.
All of our villages are "...beautiful peaceful..." communities as well.
As I mentioned before traffic is relative. Dell Webb residents have no choice but to negotiate 441 every time one leaves the beautiful peaceful community (not intended as a negative...just a statement of observation).

No attempt to convert or convince....just clarify.

Good luck in your quest.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Not Stone Crest - It's Stone Creek near Ocala.
Sorry for the typo if I was perfect I could walk on water
Old 03-13-2018, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Sorry for the typo if I was perfect I could walk on water
rustyp was not correcting your typo, if that is what it is, so much as Stone Creek and Stonecrest are over 30 miles apart. No driver is going to take you to Stone Creek five miles past Ocala for the price of Stonecrest. For the record, Del Webb Stone Creek is off Rt 200, not 441. It's about 5 miles SW of Dick's Sporting Goods in Ocala.

Google Maps

New Homes in Ocala, Florida at Del Webb Stone Creek | Del Webb
Old 03-13-2018, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
Here's my two cents for what its worth. Came down to the Village Area in 2003 to look around. Looked at every community with in a 50 mile radius of Lady Lake. Liked the Villages but could not afford what I wanted. So I purchased a house in Stonecrest in 2004. Still here and have seen lots of changes. One thing to remember, is some day you will need to sell the property. Location, location, location, really does make a difference. Its one of the reasons my house is on the Golf Course. Now will my house appreciate in price as much as the Villages, NO. But it will sell and will appreciate, just not as much. When we first got here all the commotion in the Villages was very exciting, the squares, the festivals, etc, etc. Even all the clubs here in Stonecrest. We were involved in all kinds of things. When you live here year round its different then just coming down for 3 to 4 months. Now 14 years later. Both my wife and I gravitated back to living the way we did before we came here. NO more commotion, no more squares, etc, etc. We have looked at moving but here is what we always come back too, the logistics of the area is hard to beat. Doctors, restaurants, shopping, and everyday needs are either a short drive by car or golf cart. Walmart, Aldis, Lowes, several restaurants, gambling, and shopping are right outside my gate. All accessible by Golf Cart. Remember what may seem important to you today may be different 10 years down the road. I've been spoiled by the area. There is no other like it.
Just curious, is there a Stonecrest forum? Might be interesting.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
creek, stone, experience, days, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.