SINKHOLE that was repaired.
Could be the reason for the low price?
Old 03-13-2018, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Sorry for the typo if I was perfect I could walk on water
No apologies necessary - not a typo on your part. People here think we are talking about Stonecrest which is just outside The Villages on 441. We are really talking about a community called Stone Creek which is a Dell Web community outside of Ocala.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
John - the house you showed the listing for $179K had a
SINKHOLE that was repaired.
Could be the reason for the low price?
It's good that you caught that in the listing, I just glanced at it. I was looking at that sub-division about a year ago and there were many listings around $150K most were below $200K. The prices seemed to have gone up in the last year, but still for about $190K to $250K there are a lot of choices. It is a real gated community, we couldn't get in without a Realtor taking us in, even Stonecrest isn't that secure.

The town of Spring Hill, which Heritage Pines is right on the border of is in the sink hole area just like we are. My parents retired about a mile from there in their sister community of Timber Pines. That community is a little larger with 3 golf courses but is a little older since it was built in the 80's and 90's. After that was completed around 2000, the developer then built Heritage Pines. I was down there about a year ago and it's looks newer and fresher than Timber Pines. Both are golf cart communities and there is tremendous shopping nearby as well as being close to Tampa/St. Pete. Here is Zillow for all the homes for sale there.

Heritage Pines - Pasco Real Estate - Pasco County FL Homes For Sale | Zillow
Old 03-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Gold member

I just looked at resales in Dell Webb Ocala. Many pre-owned sales after several years showed that the owners were lucky to sell their homes for what they had purchased them for even before realtor commission. Many were sold for less than the original sale price. I used Zillow for my research. I would suggest that you look at Zillow and compare them to resales in The Villages.

The Villages appreciation is very strong. My cousin purchased in 2015 and sold it 12 months later for 50K more than what he paid for it and did not spend any money on improvements over that time. He had the perfect location and home. Your thinking why did he sell? Met a lady what else can I say.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
I just looked at resales in Dell Webb Ocala. Many pre-owned sales after several years showed that the owners were lucky to sell their homes for what they had purchased them for even before realtor commission. Many were sold for less than the original sale price. I used Zillow for my research. I would suggest that you look at Zillow and compare them to resales in The Villages.
There's been a lot of confusion between Del Web Stone Creek, which is what the OP was inquiring about, and Stonecrest which we know is on 441 just north of TV. Now your post brings in a third community, Del Webb Ocala and you mention Zillow as your source. I just did a search on Zillow and requested Del Webb Ocala and was given the info for Del Webb Spruce Creek, which we all know is just north of Stonecrest between 441 and 25 just outside Belleview, and is not the community being discussed. Another poster made this same mistake earlier and begin referencing traffic on US 441 outside of Spruce Creek. Take Spruce Creek and Stonecrest out of the equation, and use Del Webb Stone Creek as your point of reference.

Also I believe Spruce Creek is resales only. Del Webb Stone Creek has resales and new homes sales and it's resales are selling quite well and the OP was wanting info about the lifestyle and amenties available in Stone Creek. The community is located off SW Hwy 200 about 6 miles west of I-75 first Ocala exit. Here is Zillow for Del Webb Stone Creek.

Real Estate - 252 Homes For Sale | Zillow

Del Webb Stone Creek new homes starting at $165K

New Homes in Ocala, Florida at Del Webb Stone Creek | Del Webb
Old 03-14-2018, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
rustyp was not correcting your typo, if that is what it is, so much as Stone Creek and Stonecrest are over 30 miles apart. No driver is going to take you to Stone Creek five miles past Ocala for the price of Stonecrest. For the record, Del Webb Stone Creek is off Rt 200, not 441. It's about 5 miles SW of Dick's Sporting Goods in Ocala.

Google Maps

So you have never used a Uber from the airport. Here’s how it works you put app on your phone, you pick the car, you know cost ahead of time, no matter where you want to go there is a car service for that. I didn’t say what the cost was poster was worried about not getting transportation to home if they didn’t live in the Villages. So no matter what community you are looking at there is a way to get there. As I stated private car will take you anywhere you want to go. We use only private transportation for anywhere from the airport, we used to be a fan of Villages transportation, but stopped using them awhile back.

Last edited by asianthree; 03-14-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
There's been a lot of confusion between Del Web Stone Creek, which is what the OP was inquiring about, and Stonecrest which we know is on 441 just north of TV. Now your post brings in a third community, Del Webb Ocala and you mention Zillow as your source. I just did a search on Zillow and requested Del Webb Ocala and was given the info for Del Webb Spruce Creek, which we all know is just north of Stonecrest between 441 and 25 just outside Belleview, and is not the community being discussed. Another poster made this same mistake earlier and begin referencing traffic on US 441 outside of Spruce Creek. Take Spruce Creek and Stonecrest out of the equation, and use Del Webb Stone Creek as your point of reference.

Also I believe Spruce Creek is resales only. Del Webb Stone Creek has resales and new homes sales and it's resales are selling quite well and the OP was wanting info about the lifestyle and amenties available in Stone Creek. The community is located off SW Hwy 200 about 6 miles west of I-75 first Ocala exit. Here is Zillow for Del Webb Stone Creek.

Real Estate - 252 Homes For Sale | Zillow

Del Webb Stone Creek new homes starting at $165K

I wasn't confused at all.

My Zillow search was for 6320 SW 89th Court Road , Ocala, Florida 34481 which is the address for the only Dell Webb comunity in Ocala. It happens to be Dell Webb Stone Creek.

Below is a link to my Zillow search which shows only resales. There are very few that sold for more than the original purchase price. Sold homes are in yellow. Look at sold price then go down to Price / Tax History.

Also in post #1 of this thread the words lifestyle and amenities do not exist.

Recently Sold Homes - 20 Transactions | Zillow
Old 03-14-2018, 09:18 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

There are many variables in choosing a retirement community. If you are a young retiree (arbitrarily 60 or less), healthy and active your choices are practically limitless. I was 58 years old when I took early retirement offered by my employer. We all have a story. Some more interesting that others. I won’t bore you but suffice it to say we didn’t end up in The Villages by accident. We lived in two other retirement communities prior to moving to The Villages in March 2006. The last twelve years have been better than we could have imagined. We still own two homes. I know it’s not for everyone but works for us.

I have only read about Stone Creek. However, I believe the community is similar to our first two retirement communities. IMHO there is no place like The Villages. We have it all, and most everything is golf cart assessable. Of course, no place is perfect and neither is The Villages. The areas medical facilities and medical personnel are severly overwhelmed. Area leaders are aware and I’m confident they are working diligently to improve the situation as noted in the recent announcement of the building of a large new medical speciality clinic near Brownwood in The Villages.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:45 PM
Sage

I don’t believe in variables when it comes to where I live, only one constant is important to me, appreciation. It was important to me when I was 25 and it hasn’t changed. Stretch, to afford the best house you can afford in the best neighborhood you can find is a recipe for financial success. If I hadn’t followed that rule during my working years I wouldn’t be living here today. Constants don’t change, for good reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2018, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
I don’t believe in variables when it comes to where I live, only one constant is important to me, appreciation. It was important to me when I was 25 and it hasn’t changed. Stretch, to afford the best house you can afford in the best neighborhood you can find is a recipe for financial success. If I hadn’t followed that rule during my working years I wouldn’t be living here today. Constants don’t change, for good reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is another rule that we always followed--Buy low in a high neighborhood. Kind of hard to do in TV because the houses are grouped together by kind. But we bought the basic designer, made the usual improvements, and sold quickly for a boatload more than we paid for it.

It's important not to price yourself out of the market. Two houses in our neighborhood are stretched to the limit with extra space, add-ons and improvements. The asking prices for both were too high for the neighborhood. I think they were trying to recoup the cost of their improvements. It took a very long time for them to sell, and many price reductions.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

We just purchased in Forsyth Villages a 3/2 with water/golf view and over 100' of frontage. Convenience and quiet too! I did stop at Del Web on 441 to look around. I spoke with a couple men that told me about their indoor swimming pool and no bond. I then asked how far to a CVS or bank, or Publix..etc. They told me they have a choice..north or south..5 miles!!.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Many private cars will drive you to TV or stone creek for same amount of money
Quote:
Originally posted by asianthree
So you have never used a Uber from the airport. Here’s how it works you put app on your phone, you pick the car, you know cost ahead of time, no matter where you want to go there is a car service for that. I didn’t say what the cost was poster was worried about not getting transportation to home if they didn’t live in the Villages. So no matter what community you are looking at there is a way to get there. As I stated private car will take you anywhere you want to go. We use only private transportation for anywhere from the airport, we used to be a fan of Villages transportation, but stopped using them awhile back.
Uber Estimate Orlando Airport to The Villages $66 to $85

Get a Fare Estimate in Your City | Uber

Uber Estimate Orlando Airport Stone Creek Ocala $85 to $112

Old 03-15-2018, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Uber Estimate Orlando Airport to The Villages $66 to $85

Uber Estimate Orlando Airport Stone Creek Ocala $85 to $112

We just used private to Ocala for 80. To the Villages $80, from Disney to Villages $80. Tampa however is $90. Use them on a regular basis. Always use an xl. The $66 dollar car is too tiny for our comfort to be on a freeway. As a side note Chicago to Detroit, $402.

Last edited by asianthree; 03-15-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:05 PM

This has been a very interesting and informative post. Thanks op for posting and to those who replied. As a follow up to the post regarding number of Webb homes for sale and sold, I have a question please.
Can anyone advise with credible data the number of homes currently for sale in The Villages including those listed by Mls realtor and those being sold by the The Villages real estate sales group? Also how does the current Total Number Compare To Past Years such as 2017 and 2016? Thank You
Old 03-15-2018, 08:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGary View Post
This has been a very interesting and informative post. Thanks op for posting and to those who replied. As a follow up to the post regarding number of Webb homes for sale and sold, I have a question please.
Can anyone advise with credible data the number of homes currently for sale in The Villages including those listed by Mls realtor and those being sold by the The Villages real estate sales group? Also how does the current Total Number Compare To Past Years such as 2017 and 2016? Thank You
If you look at realtor.com it shows 755 homes for resale sale....in The Villages.....

The VLS however, has changed their website so no numbers can be determined. Used to be different but they have mad quite a few changes....I did like the old way, you could put in the model you liked and see whats available, but no more....that I can see. But, if you look at the map on their site, there are a lot of circles...I would bet in the 1000's.....

So you have lots of choices......
Closed Thread

Tags
creek, stone, experience, days, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.