Anyone have a metal detector?

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Anyone have a metal detector?

Hello all. I will be back down there in Florida paradise in less than 2 weeks, and was wondering if anyone has a metal detector, or if there is a club of folks who enjoys this hobby in the area.

I am having difficulty finding one of my property line stakes at my home in The Plantation.

I would not expect anyone to drive down to my place, because I'm on the other side of Leesburg, about 10 miles away or so. I just wondered if anyone here knew of someone perhaps closer to me who may have one, or perhaps a place where I could rent one for an 1/2 hour or so, or a club in the area.

Thanks again. I can't wait to leave this cold western NY and get back there....

Frank
Old 10-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Hi Frank, nice to see you are coming down, it's awfully hot here right now but maybe by the time you get here it will cool down a little. I do not have a metal detector but I would be surprised if you don't get a few positive responses. If you don't you could always check back and see if The Villages has a club that could help, feel free to PM me if you need some help, I'll be happy to do whatever I can.....GN
Old 10-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Veteran member

I have a metal detector and could help out. The Plantation isn't that far. Also, there is a club in The Villages and I know someone in that club would be more than willing to help out, too. The club may not have started back up yet - I'll try to get a contact number for you. PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited by mfp509; 10-11-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Veteran member

Thank you Golfnut!
It is 39 degrees here right now, with another frost warning for tonight.
I won't mind the heat one bit.......!

Frank
Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Veteran member

Oh, thank you mfp509!

That is very kind of you. I do not want to put anyone out, of course, especially since I am not really in The Villages. I have about 2 more years before I can move down there full time, and I appreciate this good forum as a way to "feel connected" to my future home in Florida.

We'll be back down there by 10/26 and will be there for around a month. I have my survey, but it just does not give all the measurements needed to easily know all of my boundaries. Finding this one stake would solve everything.

I normally would not care, but we would like to do some outdoor hardscaping, and the info is needed. My neighbors all are great, no disputes or anything, we just would like to find that stake so we know what and where we can do stuff.

I'm finding that surveying, etc, is a lot less specific and laid back then what I am used to up north here.

I appreciate any help or info anyone here can provide.

Respectfully, Frank D.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.