Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Super Bowl Playoffs & Picks - or Who is the best football handicapper at TOTV ? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/super-bowl-playoffs-picks-who-best-football-handicapper-totv-11108/)

KathieI 02-03-2008 03:58 AM

Re: Super Bowl Playoffs & Picks - or Who is the best football handicapper at TOT

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI
I'd like to give a score but I don't know how many points are in a touchdown???? Oh Well, I think the Giants will win anyway.
Kathie :redface:

As soon as someone answers my question, I'll give you my score, but until then, I haven't got a clue.

redwitch 02-03-2008 01:06 PM

Re: Super Bowl Playoffs & Picks - or Who is the best football handicapper at TOTV ?

Kathie --

Touchdown = 6 points
Extra Point Conversion = 1 point (the kick after the TD)
Two-Point Conversion = 2 points (running the ball in after the TD)
Field Goal = 3 points (kicking the ball over the goal posts, not after a TD)
Safety = 2 points (idiot gets tackled in his team's end zone with the ball, 2 pts for the team that did the tackling)

sheesh!!!!!!

Taltarzac 02-03-2008 01:59 PM

Re: Super Bowl Playoffs & Picks - or Who is the best football handicapper at TOT

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI

As soon as someone answers my question, I'll give you my score, but until then, I haven't got a clue.

KathieI. I usually watch the Superbowl for the commercials and maybe the halftime show depending on who is performing that is.

Have not really been a big sports fan ever more of a moviefan.

zcaveman 02-04-2008 03:46 AM

Re: Super Bowl Playoffs & Picks - or Who is the best football handicapper at TOTV ?

We did it. We took the 18-0 Patriots and sent them to the non-19-0 team!

Love them Giants!! If you are counting that is three Rings. Great game.

GO Giants!

Bill

Muncle 02-04-2008 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman
We did it. We took the 18-0 Patriots and sent them to the non-19-0 team!

Love them Giants!! If you are counting that is three Rings. Great game.

GO Giants!

Bill

Congrats, Bill/Zcave! Looks like you, DickY, and I made the big comeback to tie I2ridehd. :#1: Can't wait for our prizes. :beer2:

The other Bill

KathieI 02-04-2008 04:00 AM

Thanks Red, better get used to explaining all the sports stuff to me,

Here's my guess, Giants will win .....ummmm 17-14 and the last couple of minutes will be soooo exciting....

How's that for a guess.

Kathie :redface: (shy and not sports minded)

zcaveman 02-04-2008 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muncle
Congrats, Bill/Zcave! Looks like you, DickY, and I made the big comeback to tie I2ridehd. :#1: Can't wait for our prizes. :beer2:

The other Bill

Bragging rights is the best!!

Taltarzac 02-04-2008 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman
Bragging rights is the best!!

Congrats to TOTV Superbowl Playoffs pics winners. 4 way tie! :bigthumbsup: :clap2: With me in 2nd with 15 points?

KathieI 02-04-2008 04:26 AM

OOPs! :dontknow:

Caught again.

Barb and Bill, nothing gets past you guys

See ya in a couple of days!! Yeah! 040 040

Love ya, Kathie :redface:

Taltarzac 02-04-2008 01:15 PM

Now I will have to actually get around to watching more of the Super Bowl 42. I was taping it so I could get the commercials recorded as I was doing my normal evening thing of watching DVDs.

Did watch a lot of the end of the Super Bowl 42 except for the last few minutes which I watched after logging onto TOTV to see what actually happened while I was watching the Kevin Kline movie in DVD called Trade.

Congrats to the Giants. :clap2: :beer2:

JohnN 02-04-2008 03:01 PM

CONGRATS to
I2ridehd Muncle DickY zcaveman

all tied at 17 points.

CONGRATS to the New York Giants

Taltarzac was in the running 2 points behind the tops folks.
The other 16 of us were, well, farther back.
That was a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to KathieI for picking the exact score, that was amazing
(glancing at the time stamp LOLOL)

redwitch 02-04-2008 03:32 PM

Well, Kathie does say she cheats. ;)

aln 02-04-2008 09:12 PM

Maybe we should do something similar for the "candidates" ! ;D

Taltarzac 02-04-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnN
CONGRATS to
I2ridehd Muncle DickY zcaveman

all tied at 17 points.

CONGRATS to the New York Giants

Taltarzac was in the running 2 points behind the tops folks.
The other 16 of us were, well, farther back.
That was a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to KathieI for picking the exact score, that was amazing
(glancing at the time stamp LOLOL)

JohnN? Hope you do something similiar with the 65 teams in NCAA basketball tournament in March. My brackets usually have been a mess due to some cinderella team's wins. Your weekly picks allow for more leeway.

JohnN 02-04-2008 10:58 PM

aLn, for the candidates? down to 4.. I'd think about it but unsure there's many variables, what do you propose..

Taltarzac, hmmmm, I'll ponder it, friend