T-mobile

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2019, 12:26 PM

TMobile was great in South Florida but we get spotty service in the house here in Palo Alto as well.Great service outside.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
Switched from AT&T to T-Mobile about two years ago. Saved a ton of money each month and service is good. No complaints.
I could have written that.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-30-2019, 05:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorhome View Post
Anyone know if t-mobile. Works fine in villages.
My wife has it & personally I think it works better than Verizon. With Verizon we had to go outside & stand on the driveway, so did our neighbors. Maybe it was because the area we lived in. I had Consumer Cellular & never got a dropped call or lost a call. There’s NO contract & my bill after 4 years was only $35. but it could be a little higher by now. Personally I would check out Consumer Cellular. Since we moved to Texas I have T-Mobil & don’t have any issues, but when we go up north to Ohio it’s TERRIBLE. GO WITH CONSUMER CELLULAR!
Old 12-01-2019, 06:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstoeffler1 View Post
We switched to T Mobile about 8 mos ago from ATT. Couldn’t get service from ATT in our new home in Lake Deaten and didn’t have internet for WiFi calling so we switched to T Mobile. They let us take home phones to use for a month before we had to commit. They also gave us two boosters to use in our home and all works great! Love the service and the price!
Not sure how the "boosters" would work. T-Mobile offers a free cell spot, but they require an internet connection to work. The cell spot is simply doing voice over IP for it's connection.

We switched from Verizon to T-Mobile about 3 months ago. I do notice that there are dead spots here and there that we didn't see with Verizon, but the service overall works well. My bill dropped from $80/month to $55/month.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:28 AM
Default T Mobile in Pine Ridge

Moved in July. Only 1 bar on the iPhones. Took out a contract with ‘Ting’, which uses the T Mobile infrastructure. Same problem, however, Ting has wi-fi calling, so the level of service in our house doesn’t matter.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:36 AM

When I was there in September it worked great always had 3 or 4 bars.

It is weak in the when you get out in remote areas but works great on and around the villages.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Default T mobile

Due to dense population meager investment by all mobile carriers into cell towers in Florida TMobile, ATT Sprint have very iffy service especially inside your home and in certain pockets I have Verizon and questioned other neighbors and dropped calls are common in Florida the entire state.

When I owned a home in Ft Myers everyone used to stand outside their homes to get reception.

Never sign a contract they raise your rates anyway.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:49 PM
Platinum member

I've used T-Mobile since 2003. Service has greatly improved in The Villages in the last few years. I don't recall having lost service or any dropped calls in the past 3 or 4 years here.
It works beautifully internationally.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Veteran member

I switched from Cricket (AT&T) to Metro(T-Mobile) 6 months ago and find many more places without signal than with Cricket(AT&T). I have no issue at home in Collier but I have no signal in a lot of other areas and stores where I never noticed a problem before, that I can remember. Not very scientific and BTW I could use your help, if you're available in the mornings, with my PickleBall scores.
Closed Thread

Tags
t-mobile, works, fine, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.