Taking Tylenol prior to 2nd shot?

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2021, 05:49 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
1) It's the CDC that is lying. They wrote "After the protein piece is made, the cell breaks down the instructions and gets rid of them." If that were true, Lupus and HIV would be eradicated. If you get this shot, you will OWN that mRNA for life.
"
2) If it's my right to not get the shot (it's not a vaccine), why are people espousing that everyone must get the shot or can't:
play golf
go bowling
go dancing
go swimming
go to work (employer can for the shot ... not a vaccine)
ride a train
get on an airplane
go to a ballgame or a concert
blah blah blah

I don't recall having to get a flu shot to do any of that. And the flu is deadly as well.
Frankly, I could care less what other people are espousing. Having a well balanced formal education myself I tend to believe the CDC on this and not you. Like I said you have the right to not get the vaccine. Just stop gaslighting.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
The "shot" is VERY MUCH unlike 'the flu shot or whatever". It is an mRNA shot. It literally causes your own cells (hijacks them) to create a protein. This protein in turn is supposed to cause an immune response. Whether or not the immune response is protective against COVID can be discussed and will be learned over time.

What is vastly different here is that the mRNA injection (NOT a vaccine.) Even if there is success in provoking some protection from COVID, this mRNA will persist FOREVER in your body and it will continue to make these proteins for which your body will continue to have an immune response. It can not be removed or negated.

This is the very definition of an auto-immune disease (think Lupus, HIV, etc).

You and millions of others are being duped about what you are being injected with. Please do not spout out what you know nothing about ... that this is "just like" the flu vaccine or other vaccines. It most surely is NOT.

A very probable outcome over some time will be hundreds of millions of people with auto-immune problems and subsequent deaths that may far out strip and COVID death count.

Depopulation (of the planet) anyone?
If what you say is true that the body will continue to produce these proteins which in turn will make the body to continue to produce the immune response, this is great news. Hopefully, these mRNA vaccines will give us protection for the long haul. This is the best "autoimmune" response I could expect from this vaccine. I will continue to call this a vaccine because that is the label the manufacturers have given this serum.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:40 PM
Angry Don't Read Something Into a Comment That Isn't There!

Quote:
The "shot" is VERY MUCH unlike 'the flu shot or whatever". It is an mRNA shot. It literally causes your own cells (hijacks them) to create a protein. This protein in turn is supposed to cause an immune response. Whether or not the immune response is protective against COVID can be discussed and will be learned over time.

What is vastly different here is that the mRNA injection (NOT a vaccine.) Even if there is success in provoking some protection from COVID, this mRNA will persist FOREVER in your body and it will continue to make these proteins for which your body will continue to have an immune response. It can not be removed or negated.

You and millions of others are being duped about what you are being injected with. Please do not spout out what you know nothing about ... that this is "just like" the flu vaccine or other vaccines. It most surely is NOT.

A very probable outcome over some time will be hundreds of millions of people with auto-immune problems and subsequent deaths that may far out strip and COVID death count.
If you are going to quote what I have said, please do so accurately. I said nothing regarding what the vaccine is or was.
I simply made mention of the vaccines being a shot and that as a shot is not much different than receiving most other injections.

I know of no one who has had a bad reaction to any of the different vaccines. I personally had no reaction whatsoever.
Many people do like to complain and "make a mountain out of a molehill."

So in your quest to say I should not "spout about something I know nothing about," all I did was make a generalization.
I simply mentioned the injection as a "shot" -- nothing more and certainly nothing technical.
So please don't take poetic license and expand upon something that isn't there and something I did not say.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:45 AM

Our daughter, who is a nurse at the Cleveland Clinic, took tylenol for 48 hrs post injection and had NO reaction. We had our second shot yesterday and are taking tylenol every 6 hours and so far no reaction at all. I did have some following the first one and was told to take Benadryl by the paramedics at place before we left. I did and all was fine.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud2020 View Post
Would someone please tell me why so many people are making a mountain out of a molehill regarding any of these Covid vaccine shots?

It's a shot, folks, just a shot.
It isn't unlike most other shots, be it a flu shot or whatever.
Stop complaining, stop the rhetoric and get on with your life as though it's any other day.
I agree. I had my first shot and the injection site was a little sore for a couple of days. But it was nothing that would cause me to take any kind of medication. In fact I only felt soreness if I touched it or bumped it.

I don't understand what the big deal is.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:

INCORRECT. Fake news.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
1) It's the CDC that is lying. They wrote "After the protein piece is made, the cell breaks down the instructions and gets rid of them." If that were true, Lupus and HIV would be eradicated. If you get this shot, you will OWN that mRNA for life.
"
2) If it's my right to not get the shot (it's not a vaccine), why are people espousing that everyone must get the shot or can't:
play golf
go bowling
go dancing
go swimming
go to work (employer can for the shot ... not a vaccine)
ride a train
get on an airplane
go to a ballgame or a concert
blah blah blah

I don't recall having to get a flu shot to do any of that. And the flu is deadly as well.
Not true. The reason for the second shot is because you need a booster (my take on it). They do not even know if the vaccination will last three months, six months or a year. ALL studies so far are showing that this vaccination is safe. It is NOT made with the virus and has absolutely NO virus in it. You do not get the virus from the shot and it is impossible to do so, considering it only stimulates your cells to attack the virus that it is programmed to fight. It does not even enter the nucleus of your cell. SO, NO it does NOT change your DNA.
If you know something about it that is not in all the studies produced so far, then by all means pass it on to the rest of us. It would be nice to know before I get my second shot. Believe me, if I thought it would do more harm than good, I would not be getting it. I have not had a flu shot in over 50 years and have NEVER had the flu. But, so far I see nothing dangerous about this vaccine.
Suit yourself, if you are too scared to get the shot. It won't effect me if you become infected, because I will be immune to it.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:

What's you source for this information?
Old 02-11-2021, 11:00 AM

wait 6 hours per AARP
Old 02-11-2021, 11:01 AM

Tamika Morrow, a registered nurse practitioner in Michigan who posted the video to Facebook Dec. 16, provides a faulty account of how mRNA vaccines work.

“So you mean to tell me they want people to get a vaccine that has never been used on human beings before that will send messages to your body to produce the coronavirus spike protein in your body that may cause autoimmune conditions that will be lifelong all to prevent a virus that will last 2-3 weeks,” she says. “They are allowing this whole virus thing to take off the way it is with the intent of getting everybody this vaccine. Stay away from the vaccine.”

The video has been viewed more than 350,000 times on Facebook. Posts online sharing the video say “This is a Nurse Practitioner speaking FACTS about the V@&A@%CC@$I@#N@%E. Do NOT TAKE IT!!!!”

Experts say the claim is false and misrepresents how the mRNA vaccines work. The mRNA vaccines contain a genetic code that trains the immune system to recognize the spike protein on the surface of the virus to generate an immune response and fight it.

Morrow goes on to claim in the video that scientists with Pfizer and Moderna who have researched the vaccines found that there is a possibility that the vaccines cause autoimmune disease. She presents no evidence of this in the video and autoimmune disease was not described as an adverse reaction in any of the findings for the two vaccines.

The Associated Press reached out to Morrow who responded, defending her claim and questioning how determinations could be made about whether the vaccines are safe since they are new and long-term complications would not yet be apparent.

In an email, Morrow provided the AP with an article referring to a 2018 journal review on mRNA vaccines co-authored by Dr. Drew Weissman, who has studied mRNA for decades and participated in groundbreaking research on the molecule. Morrow noted that in the 2018 article on “mRNA vaccines — a new era in vaccinology,” a number of possible adverse effects for mRNA vaccines were listed, including concerns about autoimmunity.

Weissman said such concerns weren’t applicable with the COVID-19 vaccines because they use a new kind RNA, which would not cause autoimmune disease.

Modified mRNA vaccines have since been given to people for five years now.

“There is no data that says an mRNA vaccine can cause an autoimmune disease,” he said in an email. “I have not seen or heard of a single report that mRNA vaccines cause autoimmunity.”

Autoimmune disease occurs when the immune system attacks itself and is unable to recognize normal cells from foreign cells. Autoimmune diseases include rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.

The spike protein in the coronavirus allows it to attach to human cells. The mRNA vaccine teaches the immune system how to combat the spike protein when it comes across it in the body.

Specific cells in the body process and present foreign proteins to the immune system all the time that are not eliminated by cells that kill viruses.

“We make hundreds of thousands of copies of messenger RNA in our cells all the time that make thousands of proteins,” Dr. Paul Offit, an immunization expert at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia who sits on the FDA’s vaccine advisory committee, said in an email.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration found no specific safety concerns or serious side effects before concluding the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccines could be used on an emergency basis. The most common side effects for both vaccines were injection site pain, which is typical of vaccines.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said that people with autoimmune disease can take the mRNA vaccines.

“However, they should be aware that no data are currently available on the safety of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines for them,” the CDC has said.

A lack of understanding around how mRNA vaccines work has led to a flurry of misinformation around the vaccines. For example, posts have falsely claimed that the mRNA vaccines alter DNA, which is not true.

___

This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to fact-check misinformation that is shared widely online, including work with Facebook to identify and reduce the circulation of false stories on the platform.

Here’s more information on Facebook’s fact-checking program: Help Center
Old 02-11-2021, 12:39 PM
Sage

I've read several articles related to the side effects of the shots and generally speaking, in most cases there was very little reaction to the first shot, but it was the second shot that caused the most grief, as far as reactions. AND, it has been said in many articles that ages over 65yo had the least adverse effects. One doctor suggested that he was glad he had a reaction because it proved that his body was reacting properly to immunization process. One doctor said the reason for not taking Ibuprofen is because he believes that it causes bleeding in the stomach. Another said Ibuprofen works faster than Tylenol. Almost all of the "experts" seem to be in consensus that one should abstain from taking any medications for pain until after injection and IF there is some adverse effects from the shot. They were not speaking of allergic reactions.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy2231 View Post
Tamika Morrow, a registered nurse practitioner in Michigan who posted the video to Facebook Dec. 16, provides a faulty account of how mRNA vaccines work.

“So you mean to tell me they want people to get a vaccine that has never been used on human beings before that will send messages to your body to produce the coronavirus spike protein in your body that may cause autoimmune conditions that will be lifelong all to prevent a virus that will last 2-3 weeks,” she says. “They are allowing this whole virus thing to take off the way it is with the intent of getting everybody this vaccine. Stay away from the vaccine.”

The video has been viewed more than 350,000 times on Facebook. Posts online sharing the video say “This is a Nurse Practitioner speaking FACTS about the V@&A@%CC@$I@#N@%E. Do NOT TAKE IT!!!!”

Experts say the claim is false and misrepresents how the mRNA vaccines work. The mRNA vaccines contain a genetic code that trains the immune system to recognize the spike protein on the surface of the virus to generate an immune response and fight it.

Morrow goes on to claim in the video that scientists with Pfizer and Moderna who have researched the vaccines found that there is a possibility that the vaccines cause autoimmune disease. She presents no evidence of this in the video and autoimmune disease was not described as an adverse reaction in any of the findings for the two vaccines.

The Associated Press reached out to Morrow who responded, defending her claim and questioning how determinations could be made about whether the vaccines are safe since they are new and long-term complications would not yet be apparent.

In an email, Morrow provided the AP with an article referring to a 2018 journal review on mRNA vaccines co-authored by Dr. Drew Weissman, who has studied mRNA for decades and participated in groundbreaking research on the molecule. Morrow noted that in the 2018 article on “mRNA vaccines — a new era in vaccinology,” a number of possible adverse effects for mRNA vaccines were listed, including concerns about autoimmunity.

Weissman said such concerns weren’t applicable with the COVID-19 vaccines because they use a new kind RNA, which would not cause autoimmune disease.

Modified mRNA vaccines have since been given to people for five years now.

“There is no data that says an mRNA vaccine can cause an autoimmune disease,” he said in an email. “I have not seen or heard of a single report that mRNA vaccines cause autoimmunity.”

Autoimmune disease occurs when the immune system attacks itself and is unable to recognize normal cells from foreign cells. Autoimmune diseases include rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.

The spike protein in the coronavirus allows it to attach to human cells. The mRNA vaccine teaches the immune system how to combat the spike protein when it comes across it in the body.

Specific cells in the body process and present foreign proteins to the immune system all the time that are not eliminated by cells that kill viruses.

“We make hundreds of thousands of copies of messenger RNA in our cells all the time that make thousands of proteins,” Dr. Paul Offit, an immunization expert at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia who sits on the FDA’s vaccine advisory committee, said in an email.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration found no specific safety concerns or serious side effects before concluding the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccines could be used on an emergency basis. The most common side effects for both vaccines were injection site pain, which is typical of vaccines.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said that people with autoimmune disease can take the mRNA vaccines.

“However, they should be aware that no data are currently available on the safety of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines for them,” the CDC has said.

A lack of understanding around how mRNA vaccines work has led to a flurry of misinformation around the vaccines. For example, posts have falsely claimed that the mRNA vaccines alter DNA, which is not true.

___

This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to fact-check misinformation that is shared widely online, including work with Facebook to identify and reduce the circulation of false stories on the platform.

Here’s more information on Facebook’s fact-checking program: Help Center
Thank you!
Old 02-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

There is SOOOOO much money to be made in the vaccine world. Hope it is worth the money.
Closed Thread

Tags
tylenol, shot, daughter, law, cdc

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.