The Talk of The town Unique Home Decor Consignment Shop in Baylee's Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2021, 04:19 PM
Default The Talk of The town Unique Home Decor Consignment Shop in Baylee's Plaza

Have you been ripped off by a professional scam artist? The owner of the above store Susan Daugherty has a list of over 17 aliases. She was the former owner of Lily Mae's on 466 just west of 301 about 6 yrs. ago. At the time she closed that store she took all my consigned items and put them in her storage unit. I contacted Seniors vs. Crime and filed a complaint along with another dozen people. Also filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau. She responded that she had no intention of keeping my items. She resurfaced last Sept. 2020 as the owner of Talk of the Town. She kept putting me off with all kinds of excuses. Never did get my stuff back. Police told me I could go to small claims court but even if I won judgment it would still be my responsibility to collect goods. I understand yesterday a large trailer pulled up and emptied out the store. Looking for other consignees in same situation to we can band together and figure out a way to get this woman behind bars.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:44 PM

I received two bounced checks from her. My bank charged me for cashing them and she still has my consigned items. Yes, I will be watching for her next business and alerting customers.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:16 PM
Default Talk of the Town

Have you reported this to the police or Senior vs. Crime?
Old 05-17-2021, 01:39 PM
Platinum member

Sounds similar to something that happened to me several years in a consignment shop across from Marion Market. At the time, the owner took off with my items. Wonder if it was the same person.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:05 PM

Yes, I consigned a Bassett bedroom set to The Talk of the Town Unique Home Decor that was sold on or about Nov. 6, 2020. I still have not been paid. All I get is excuses. She actually had the nerve to tell me I was old enough to know that things happen in life and that I should be understanding. No matter what happened in my life I still had to pay my bills. She doesn't understand the concept.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:06 AM

Yes I took my stuff into her in April and I have been ripped off as well. I am going to look into see what can be done about this horrible person. She has been communicating with me and lying that she promises me I I have not been ripped off. I would like to be in together with others to bring justice to this horrible person.
Closed Thread

Tags
store, owner, town, items, filed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.