Target Coming To Trailwinds Village

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2022, 10:58 AM

///

Last edited by RPDaly; 01-20-2023 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDaly View Post
No but Target does allow men in the ladies room if they so identify
That is exactly why I avoid Target
Old 12-21-2022, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priebehouse View Post
...for the Costco comments to start
🤪😜😊😂🤣
Old 12-21-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Surprised developers would put any big retail in at 466A instead of waiting to provide a Target or Walmart down by Middleton; the wave of the future, where 8200 households consisting of single-family homes, duplexs and apartments (as approved) are going in for under the 55's. (I get the need for workers to care for the oldsters, but it's a sugar coating on what is going to come.) The "bubble" will eventually float away.
The Target is going into Trailwinds, an independent developer. It is NOT under the control of our Villages Developer. Besides, Target made this decision, not anyone else.
Old 12-21-2022, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebasset View Post
Sounds good. Need to get more down by the new Middleton area. Working parents are not going to want to run to this or the Spanish Springs area when little Johnny comes home and says "Teacher wants a poster presentation with colors and sparkles on Thanksgiving. Tomorrow".
Guess they are doing that now from all over………
Old 12-21-2022, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker View Post
[CQUOTE=Fastskiguy;2168440]You can say that again. Sometimes it seems unbelievable now.

Joe
Can't be worse than up north, by Spanish Springs, where most of the crime happens.[/QUOTE]

that's the hardest route to travel, not only because of traffic, but also dodging golf carts, trying not to hit anyone. the lanes on morse are narrow @ times, you really need to watch out. or I do, anyway.
Old 12-21-2022, 04:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlhig View Post
Target is being built at Trailwinds, not COSTCO. But a COSTCO will be coming to Clermont, which is about a 50 minute drive away. They are currently behind schedule.
Costco bringing fifth Orlando-area location to Route 50 in Clermont | What Now Orlanda
I get to Disney in 54 minutes. Claremont is 25minutes for us
Old 12-21-2022, 04:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Surprised developers would put any big retail in at 466A instead of waiting to provide a Target or Walmart down by Middleton; the wave of the future, where 8200 households consisting of single-family homes, duplexs and apartments (as approved) are going in for under the 55's. (I get the need for workers to care for the oldsters, but it's a sugar coating on what is going to come.) The "bubble" will eventually float away.
As a newer poster, You know family areas already exist in TV. Beside, will you really drive all the way to Middleton, or just complain from afar. Residents complain about no shopping, now shopping arriving and complaining of traffic starts.
Old 12-21-2022, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker View Post
[CQUOTE=Fastskiguy;2168440]You can say that again. Sometimes it seems unbelievable now.

Joe
Can't be worse than up north, by Spanish Springs, where most of the crime happens.[/QUOTE]

It's a CRIME that you put CRIME coordinates on the Spanish Springs Area. Where do you reside Kojack? Do you need a LoJack at your residence?

Most people realize that the majority of the residents of the area you mention are carrying a heater so there is probably less CRIME up Yonder. I base my facts?? on the same source you base yours??? Mars or Uranus!
Old 12-21-2022, 09:40 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,616 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
Can't be worse than up north, by Spanish Springs, where most of the crime happens.
that's the hardest route to travel, not only because of traffic, but also dodging golf carts, trying not to hit anyone. the lanes on morse are narrow @ times, you really need to watch out. or I do, anyway.[/QUOTE]

I concur, as a new Villages resident, I try to avoid Spanish Springs and that super congested shopping area along Highway 27 - takes forever to drive there, traffic is a mess, and has a very congested feeling I don’t like - so much easier to hop on the turnpike and head down to Clermont/Winter Garden to shop.
Old 12-23-2022, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDaly View Post
No but Target does allow men in the ladies room if they so identify
Doesn't bother me. Just as long as he doesn't join my in the stall. LOL.
Old 12-23-2022, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
that's the hardest route to travel, not only because of traffic, but also dodging golf carts, trying not to hit anyone. the lanes on morse are narrow @ times, you really need to watch out. or I do, anyway.
I concur, as a new Villages resident, I try to avoid Spanish Springs and that super congested shopping area along Highway 27 - takes forever to drive there, traffic is a mess, and has a very congested feeling I don’t like - so much easier to hop on the turnpike and head down to Clermont/Winter Garden to shop.[/QUOTE]

That "feeling" you speak of should improve when all that construction is completed. I agree that right now it is a bear navigating that corridor on 441/27. Just have to be patient for the new and improved roadway to be done.
Old 12-23-2022, 02:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

That area will be Siberia for at least 5 years. They need massive traffic flow to support big box stores. First rule of new store locations
Old 12-23-2022, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priebehouse View Post
...for the Costco comments to start
I have not made a Costco comment for a few months but due to popular demand guess it is time to start.
Old 12-23-2022, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I concur, as a new Villages resident, I try to avoid Spanish Springs and that super congested shopping area along Highway 27 - takes forever to drive there, traffic is a mess, and has a very congested feeling I don’t like - so much easier to hop on the turnpike and head down to Clermont/Winter Garden to shop.
That "feeling" you speak of should improve when all that construction is completed. I agree that right now it is a bear navigating that corridor on 441/27. Just have to be patient for the new and improved roadway to be done.[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it they will start construction aftter the weather turns warmer in 2025.
Closed Thread

Tags
target, trailwinds, village, space, mile

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.