Tattoos in general

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Angelina Jolie is considered by some people to be the most beautiful woman in the world, tatts and all. I think it's a generational thing.
Or a matter of taste. Not mine. Ugh.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:11 AM

I don't like the huge tatoos that cover the body, or the ones on the face and neck, but have seen a few that I thought were kinda pretty. Of course they don't look so great as we age. I personally do have a small little tatoo, discreetly placed that I got about 13 years ago, it is a little panda bear holding a rose bud with my husband's initials on it. I still love it. Very few know I have it or have seen it.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj1213 View Post
I don't like the huge tatoos that cover the body, or the ones on the face and neck, but have seen a few that I thought were kinda pretty. Of course they don't look so great as we age. I personally do have a small little tatoo, discreetly placed that I got about 13 years ago, it is a little panda bear holding a rose bud with my husband's initials on it. I still love it. Very few know I have it or have seen it.
Okay, now you have to post a picture of that cute panda. We all want to see it now that you have described it!! You don't need to show any body parts, just the little panda. . . .
Old 02-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj1213 View Post
Another "show us the panda" vote. You really didn't think you'd get away with teasing us, did you?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Sage

Where I came from, and when I grew up only men had tatoos and only women wore earings and carried purses. I still can't accept anything else to this day.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superuke View Post
I met this young sweet girl years ago and when she removed her bra she had a tattoo on her left breast it said OK, so I got all worked up, then she slapped my face real hard!

Saw the same lady 62 years later, I asked her about the tattoo she had, low and behold it now says OKLAHOMA!
Not sure if anyone else got that, but it sure was funny! I'll share mine with you - In 2004 when my daughter came home from Navy boot camp, she talked me into getting a tattoo with her. I've had this since and I often forget that I have it because it's out of my sight, on my shoulder blade. One of my sons designed it and it symbolizes the two things that I most enjoyed in my life (kids not included). I've been an avid runner for 20 years, and I retired as Chief of Police. This tattoo was $80.00 and hurt like hell. Anyone who says they don't hurt are either being dishonest, or they have no feelings. haha.

[IMG]The Villages Florida Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Old 02-27-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Another "show us the panda" vote. You really didn't think you'd get away with teasing us, did you?
Well, it's on my hip so I can't get the pic myself and my husband is out of town so the pic will have to wait. But it is a cute little panda
Old 02-27-2011, 11:25 PM

The only time I thought that tatooes were helpful, was when there was a threat made and the women stated that the person had tatooes on his hands. So at least we knew to be on the look out for a possible altercation and a heads up to call security.

Call me old fashioned but most of us were born with clear pure skin. Then it is defiled with sonsensical drawings which look horrid after a few years. I have never seen any postive reactions to tattoes. I have only seen a few within good taste and it is usually honoring a lost loved infant or child. It for the person themselves to be reminded of the child they had , NOT for attention seeking behavior like the 99% of the other tattoes.

With all this being said, none of my children or grandchildren have any because they all have the capability to think beyond today.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Veteran member

when I was 18, I had a girlfriend who got a tattoo of a dove and the word "love" underneath it. I ran into her a while ago. She is now 68. The dove is now a pterodactyl, and the word beneath it is "loooooovvvvvve"
Old 02-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

"A permenant reminder of a temporary feeling" Jimmy Buffet on his "Beach House on the Moon" album.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

If done tastefully, and NOT over done. A tat can add to someones beauty. Mrs AG has two, a small one on her lower back, ok, go ahead and say it! Yes, a tramp stamp!, and a small one on her lower hip ab area. Both small and of course, they totally reflect her......they are both Auburn themed!

Army Guy
Old 02-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Tell us about YOURS, Army Guy!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Tell us about YOURS, Army Guy!
Gracie, I faint at needles so don't have any! Really! I think it is so funny, that I do what I do and it doesn't phase me, but a little needle....I am down! Ms AG has to just about hold my hand when I get a flu shot!

Army Guy
Old 02-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
Gracie, I faint at needles so don't have any! Really! I think it is so funny, that I do what I do and it doesn't phase me, but a little needle....I am down! Ms AG has to just about hold my hand when I get a flu shot!

Army Guy
It would be even more comforting if Ms AG would allow a real cute nurse to hold one hand while she held the other!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
It would be even more comforting if Ms AG would allow a real cute nurse to hold one hand while she held the other!
Now that would be great!

Army Guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.