Tattoos? Yes or no.

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Mrs. Gracie, are you on the verge of getting another Tattoo? The last one of the Tasmanian Devil from Bugs Bunny came out great.
Shhhhhh. It was The Burt Reynolds centerfold from Cosmo.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-08-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:48 PM

Voting no on a tattoo for me; but if I did get one, it would be just my name
'cause sometime in the future someone may need to know who I am when I can no longer remember.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

No ink for my wife and I, not our thing.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:12 PM

I find service tats for men completely acceptable and look ok. Never cared for them on women. I have seen some beautiful women just ruin their bodies with tats. Small, discreetly placed ones are alright if that's your thing but large ones that cover half their arm are just hideous in my opinion.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

The summer of my 3rd year of college I was in a horrible car accident. Had surgery to place a steel rod in my femur, and a plate in each of my radius and ulna on the left arm. Long scar down my thigh from the surgery. And that was in addition to another long scar right next to it from years before this accident. In Junior High, a car fender ripped my leg open after I veered my bicycle off the sidewalk because some guy threw a lit salute at me.

While at the beach after I got out of the hospital, a lady and her young son (maybe 7 years old?) walked past me. The boy said something like "hey mom, look at the lady with the scar on her leg." It was pretty red, and still had the marks from where the staples were pulled out post-surgery, so it looked like a big long wormy insect crawling up my leg. Indented.

I figured - well obviously people are staring, and now this young kid has pointed that out to me. So if they're going to stare, I should give them something pretty to look at.

I got up from the beach, gathered my things, and high-tailed it to the nearest tattoo parlour. Got a butterfly hovering over a flower, on my upper thigh just a couple of inches away from the leg hole of my bathing suit. Since I'm not really much of a beach person and I don't wear "short shorts" this spot rarely had exposure to the sun. And so it is almost as vivid and colorful as when I got it. In 1983.

I have one other one, a little heart with flames coming up from the top and three drops down from the bottom. A bleeding, burning heart, representing passion and compassion. That was a botched job, so the heart is all crackled. The image isn't faded at all though, merely defective. I keep thinking I'll get it properly filled in some day but it'd cost around $100. I only paid $50 for it, back in 1991.

That's all I have, and all I'm interested in having. I like seeing some of the gorgeous artwork on some folks. If it's properly inked and the person takes care to keep the sun off of it, it isn't likely to fade much at all. If their weight also doesn't change drastically over time, it won't look too much different from when it was first put there. It really depends on where on the body it's put, how much sun exposure you have over many years time, and the quality of the tattoo.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Shhhhhh. It was The Burt Reynolds centerfold from Cosmo.
Keep it low Mrs. Gracie but I just got a TOTV Tattoo.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

It's gonna be NOTHING but tough if they want to MODERATE my Tatoo.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Platinum member

Two occupations poor spellers/grammarians should avoid tattoos and neon signs. Every day during my commute on the 27X Express Bus from Brooklyn to Manhattan, I'd look for the large, neon "Psichic" sign in a storefront window.

The 24 funniest tattoo fails you’ve ever seen. #9 made my stomach hurt from laughing too much!

And these classics:

No regerts
Don't juge me
Keep smileing
You got to belief
Stop starring
You can't beat the systsem
Tomarrow never knows
To young to die
I'm awsome
East Cost
In Loving Memary
Believe in Strenght
My mom is my angle
Never don't give up
XXXVIII Super Bowel

Tags
kinda, quiet, today, …………, tattoos

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.