Taylor Swift Documentary - so VERY interesting

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2021, 08:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Taylor Swift Documentary - so VERY interesting

Happened to watch "Miss Americana, a look at iconic pop artist Taylor Swift during a transformational time in her life as she embraces her role as a singer/songwriter and harnesses the full power of her voice."

It is on Netflix, unsure if it's on other platforms. I've always liked her music and thought she exemplified being a great role model. The 1:20 behind-the-scenes doc, released in 2020, was facinating in many respects. A solid family upbringing with concrete morals.

A fantastically talented songwriter - and no doubt extremely intelligent. For me, it opened up the terrible challenges superstardom has on a young person. If Taylor didn't have those morals and strength of family/friends behind her, she could have easily gone to a different path.

Besides her development of music and concerts, 3 incidents in her life stood out. 1) The "stupid" Kanye West interruption on-stage at the Music Video Awards, and the horrendous ramifications afterward. 2) The sexual assault case the she was involved in and the turn of events there. 3) How she could not stay silent during the 2018 Mid-Term election. Initially I was disappointed, but totally understood how she felt that way - and as a 29 year old then had to make a stand.

Bottom line - I learned a lot about her and her unbelieveable talents. And so pleased that she is who she is - and hopefully continue to provide us all with her music...

Miss Americana (2020) - IMDb

Tags
music, taylor, role, morals, swift

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.