Telemedicine for annual eye Exam

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2020, 09:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts
Default Telemedicine for annual eye Exam

I am being solicited to sign up for Telemedicine appointment for my annual eye exam. I am mid 70's with some concerns found regarding macular degeneration but no progression in last three years.

When I go to my annual eye checkup , I get my eyes infracted (Not covered by my insurance) and get special machine reviews to scan the back of the eyes to check for macular degeneration progression. This along with pressure check for glaucoma and then the routine check for prescription measurements. Prescription has remained fairly constant ever since I had my cataracts removed.

Has anyone gone thru this Telemedicine appointment? I am skeptical as to value as opposed to actual in office exam.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
I am being solicited to sign up for Telemedicine appointment for my annual eye exam. I am mid 70's with some concerns found regarding macular degeneration but no progression in last three years.

When I go to my annual eye checkup , I get my eyes infracted (Not covered by my insurance) and get special machine reviews to scan the back of the eyes to check for macular degeneration progression. This along with pressure check for glaucoma and then the routine check for prescription measurements. Prescription has remained fairly constant ever since I had my cataracts removed.

Has anyone gone thru this Telemedicine appointment? I am skeptical as to value as opposed to actual in office exam.
If as you say you are happy with the condition of your eyes, and have no problems, I would pass, and wait for your annual test.
Being cynical, one could say it was another way to get a consultation fee.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OP, was this from your normal eye doctor, if so, you could call to confirm using the normal office phone number, to simply ask what is involved and if this is real. If this is NOT from your normal eye doctor, I would not get involved this may well be a scam.

Tags
telemedicine, check, annual, exam, eye

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.