AT&Ters and the HRA. This is a quote!

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Default AT&Ters and the HRA. This is a quote!

"If I decide not to enroll through the Aon Retiree Health Exchange, will I receive
a cash allocation to enroll elsewhere?
No. An HRA from AT&T is provided in 2015 only to those who are eligible and who
purchase medical or prescription drug coverage through the Aon Retiree Health
Exchange. A cash payment is not available."

My interpretation is that if you buy prescription coverage only through AON you can not use the balance for Health Insurance outside of what is available on the AT&T Aon website.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I have my call this coming week. I use Medicare and Tricare now but was told I could use my HRA for Dental and Vision plans for my husband and myself. Hope to learn more on my call Tuesday!
Old 10-05-2014, 12:26 PM

Good Luck with that. Based on my 1st contact call your "adviser" knows "0" about TFL.
I saw a posting on an earlier AT&T Retiree thread that I interpreted to say you could buy prescriptions at the AON website using the HRA money and then buy Medicare Supplements elsewhere. You can buy a Medicare Supplement elsewhere, but you can't use the HRA account money to buy it.
I found that going to the individual Medicare Insurance Supplement provider websites.....Blue Cross, Humana, Aetna, etc. that you get exactly the same pricing as on the AON website.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I'm not looking to change from Tricare for Life. They did however advise that test I could use my money to pay for a Dental Plan and Vision Plan. I'll see Thursday what they say. My Rep. was very good and did know a lot about TriCare.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Check out this link.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb5k8dwa0sE&sns=em]Retiree Benefits with Obamacare - YouTube[/ame]
Old 10-08-2014, 10:05 AM

Another good lol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoXfMYSpiw0&sns=em]2014 Medicare Doughnut Hole Costs - Donut Hole Costs for 2014 - YouTube[/ame]
Old 10-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Default Thank you

Thank you phoneman. These you tube videos are very helpful.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the video link..

Here is another very informative video, looks like profits may be getting ahead of ethics again. I hope the information in this video and the previous one are correct.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zFeKkwGsYg]AT&T Retirement Option through AON Group - Opinion only - YouTube[/ame]
Old 10-09-2014, 10:07 PM

Because I believe that you can only use the HRA money to buy what AON/Hewitt offers.You can't buy prescription insurance through the HRA and then buy Health Insurance somewhere else!!!!!
In the Ohio copy of Medicare and You for 2015 there is a section showing Medicare Health Plans in Ohio. The rates are the same on the AON website as they are in the Medicare handbook. If you research the commissions paid on Health Insurance you will see they are significant. Just remember that whoever sells the product gets the commission!
Old 10-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Veteran member

Have been looking at the AON site at the Medigap/co-insurance plans as well as the Rx plans and dental plans offered. We really don't want Medicare Advantage plans even though they are less expensive in most cases and some include Rx plans. 17 Rx plans are listed in our zip code ranging from $15.00 to $171.00 a month. 28 Medigap/co-insurance plans ranging from $88.00 to $201.00 per month and 3 dental plan companies from $42.00 to $60.00 per month. These costs are per person. I think the keyword in HRA is "Reimbursement"----my understanding is that you have to pay upfront and then submit for reimbursement and that you have to purchase through AON to be eligible for this reimbursement. Really don't think that the amount of HRA will cover our premiums. We have had our first telephone conference and have to decide on our coverage choices prior to our next call in November.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:07 PM

More on reimbursement. If you have the payments automatically deducted from your checking account then I believe you may be reimbursed without having to file paperwork. You can call AON or e-mail them for the answer to that question in advance of the scheduled call.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcxr750 View Post
More on reimbursement. If you have the payments automatically deducted from your checking account then I believe you may be reimbursed without having to file paperwork. You can call AON or e-mail them for the answer to that question in advance of the scheduled call.
Thanks for the information---that was one of my questions---wondered how many hoops we would have to jump through to get the reimbursement. Will call and check with my "advisor"---
Old 10-11-2014, 02:47 PM

I found this on the CenturyLink website, another phone company using AON/Hewitt.
"There is conflicting information in the education kit. There is a statement that
indicates you must use Aon Hewitt Navigators in order to receive your HRA.
However, this is incorrect. You will find additional information in the kit which
indicates you may enroll in any individual policy outside of Aon Hewitt
Navigators to receive your HRA subsidy. You do need to contact Aon Hewitt
Navigators before the end of the year, in order to let them know that you
have enrolled in an individual policy in the open market. This will activate or
turn on your HRA."
This information coincides with what other "Villagers" understand. Isn't there a saying that says believe half of what you read. Which half!!!!!!

Last edited by tcxr750; 10-11-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-19-2014, 08:45 PM

Thanks for your information.
If you are a retired AT&Ter you may have received the SPD for AT&T Regional Eligible Former Employee Dental Program. After reading through all 179 pages I determined that (for my wife and myself that a dental plan is provided at "O" cost. Contact the benefit center for the facts. In other words you may not have to buy dental insurance.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.