Golf Cart (GC) Path to Walmart North of 441

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Default Golf Cart (GC) Path to Walmart North of 441

For those of us that go to the Walmart on Rt 441/27 via GC you may be aware they are continuing ground prep for construction. The trail is still open but a little rough. I spoke to the builder today to ask if there will still be a GC path to the Walmart Plaza when construction is completed. He said he was 90% sure it would be available to use. I explained how desireable it is to the TV residents and he agreed and seemed to fully understand the convience of it. He said if he runs into any objection from the county he would post a sign requesting residents to contact the county execs. I told him I would spread the word to solicit support to keep the Ho Chi Min open.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Default Re: Golf Cart (GC) Path to Walmart North of 441

bernie, good info, who is the builder and what is being built along that trail?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G

About a year ago, when they started talking about building the shopping ctr there, they said they would put in a trail to at least Lowes, from there to W M was uncertain since there was going to be a W M that was accessable.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:43 AM
Sage

Ho Chi Min Trail is the golf cart infiltration route for Stonecresters into TV - best to have the 52's block this access so they can't use TV amenities.

But then TVers won't have golf cart access to Wal-Mart (not exactly a bad thing), Lowe's, Bealls etc. Probably worth it to keep the lowlifes out of TV!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-10-2008, 03:12 AM

i'd tend to agree as i'm not fond of open golf cart access to tv. but may i ask what 52's referrs to in your post. and who is the builder, what is being built etc.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:42 AM

I realized after I left I should have asked the developer for his biz card. If I get the chance I will get his name & number. Last year there was a public notice posted that I believe indicated they were building an assisted living or nursing home. I would have to confirm that is still the case. I didn't realize non-TV'ers were coming in that way. There used to be a card access gate into TV there. Maybe we need TV mgt to repair or replace it.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:36 PM

The 52's refer to the B-52 bombers that bombed the Ho Chi Minh trail during the Vietnam war. The HCM trail was like the golf cart path in a lot of places. Not a road per se' but a stomped out path

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.