Murder She Wrote question

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Eternal Member
Default Murder She Wrote question

This may not rank with who wins the election or even what landscaper to us, but a question about Murder She Wrote (MSW) has been bugging me lately. What actor appeared in the most MSW episodes in a nonrecurring role? I don't mean like Seth or Ideal Malloy or any of the quasi regulars. I mean someone who played multiple roles. I know Ken Howard, for instance, played 4 or 5 different characters over the years. I tried a net search 024 but couldn't come up with anything. A little help, maybe, please . . . :bow: :bow:
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 03-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Murder She Wrote question

Try this link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086765/fullcredits

Looks like Swofford played several different roles besides Lt. Catalano (appeared 11 times).

According to the credits for Michael Horten played Grady Fletcher 11 times. Ken Howard was in 6 episodes as 5 different characters.

Hope this helps.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Eternal Member

Thanx Red. Don't know why I didn't go there when looking at IMDB. By looking at your suggested page and doing a bit of cross-reference, it seems like Bradford Dillman played 8 different characters over the years. He did make a good villain or at least a character of questionable motives. A few others played 6 or 7 different characters. including Richard "West Side Story" Beymer.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 03-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Guess I just got lucky. Did take me three times to find that site though. The others didn't do as good of a job. I googled "Murder She Wrote Cast."

My favorite actor who did more than one role in the same series was Dennis Franz in Hill Street Blues. His first role was as bad guy Sal Bendetto (sp?). He was originally scheduled to do two episodes in that role but it was upped to three more when he was eventually killed. Then he came back as Lt. Buntz. Obviously, Boccho loved Franz since he used him in a couple of his other series (the baseball one that fizzled after 3 or 4 episodes and then Sipowicz in NYPD Blue).

Yup, no question. I know entirely too much trivia.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
Guess I just got lucky. Did take me three times to find that site though. The others didn't do as good of a job. I googled "Murder She Wrote Cast."

My favorite actor who did more than one role in the same series was Dennis Franz in Hill Street Blues. His first role was as bad guy Sal Bendetto (sp?). He was originally scheduled to do two episodes in that role but it was upped to three more when he was eventually killed. Then he came back as Lt. Buntz. Obviously, Boccho loved Franz since he used him in a couple of his other series (the baseball one that fizzled after 3 or 4 episodes and then Sipowicz in NYPD Blue).

Yup, no question. I know entirely too much trivia.

I use the Internet Movie Database a lot. This information for the Full Credits of Murder She Wrote http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086765/fullcredits is probably complete but I have found a lot of entries for various shows and movies were many of the people who appear in various entries are not listed. The more obscure the movie or show, the greater the chances that the "Full Credits" will not get everyone involved.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.