Thanksgiving: The Truth

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2022, 08:50 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
You might be surprised to learn that about 2/3 of all Villagers have concealed carry permits. So guns are definitely part of The Villages way of life.
I am not sure where you got that statistic, but it does not sound realistic. It sounds like an urban myth. I have a gun but don't have a concealed carry permit. I tried to Google the claim but the closest I could get is 8 to 10 % of Floridians as an estimate. On our small street of 9 home, 15 people, I would guess that two persons might have a valid concealed carry permit. Legally having a gun in one's residence does not require a "carry permit". Permits are only valid for 7 years.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingNut View Post
Like it or not Sarah’s letter describes what actually happened. He who wins the war gets to write the history. Another example that the American public has been bombarded by fake news for a long, long time.
Counting your blessings and giving thanks does not require a special day, the realization of how fortunate we are should be a daily occurrence
Personally, my family enjoys an excuse to get together for a festive celebration. We give thanks to GOD for another year that we have put behind us. You are correct in saying we do not require a "special day" to do so. We do give thanks every day. Some folks give thanks on Sundays where they gather together to worship and give thanks. As you said, a special day is not required of us. We just do it. Humans enjoy celebrating holidays, especially if families come together in one location. We don't "need" to get together in order to give thanks, but we do. On the other hand, what does it say about those that disparage those that enjoy a good holiday dedicated to giving "THANKS" to our maker? Hopefully, those folks can find a means to be thankful.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,655 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
I am not sure where you got that statistic, but it does not sound realistic. It sounds like an urban myth. I have a gun but don't have a concealed carry permit. I tried to Google the claim but the closest I could get is 8 to 10 % of Floridians as an estimate. On our small street of 9 home, 15 people, I would guess that two persons might have a valid concealed carry permit. Legally having a gun in one's residence does not require a "carry permit". Permits are only valid for 7 years.
When we attended the permit-to-carry instruction and range session for our Florida permits, our instructor said pretty much the same thing. I agree that it sounds high, but there are a lot of retired military and law enforcement living here so probably not that far off.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:26 AM
Default Think

If you expected people in the past to live up to our standards you need to rethink. Even 25 years ago people did/said things you may think are bad. I didn’t read all the posts but how did it go to conceal carry! Have a good Thanksgiving everyone.
Closed Thread

Tags
thanksgiving, day, national, proclamation, americans

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.