They're Baaack. Starting tonight.

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Platinum member
Talking They're Baaack. Starting tonight.

After a long "dry spell," the "reality show" Swamp People returns to the History Channel at 9PM tonight for an extended two hour and ten minute premier.

The series is based upon the experiences of various Louisiana swamp-dwelling families who devote their time to hunting and trapping alligators during Louisiana's one-month-long alligator hunting season.

Coming from various Louisiana ethnic sub-groups, most of them now speak with a similar patios that requires that the producers of the show provide sub-titles so the viewer can accurately follow the action.

During my six year assignment to the New Orleans Field Office of the Secret Service, I worked for a Louisiana native who was from the heart of the area where much of the program is filmed. We spent many hours fishing, but not alligator hunting, in some of the same waters.

I will be watching tonight, for old times' sake.

(Spoiler alert..............they kill the alligators.)

Old 02-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Absolutely love this show. Some of my favorite people from the show have been dropped in the last several years for various reasons. It is along the lines of Duck Dynasty where hard work and family values are important. Not that there isn't a slip up here and there but that's what they are Shooting for. Nobody has been terribly hurt but they do put themselves in bad positions once in a while. Thank You for the reminder about the show.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I was fortunate to get to go on a hunt with Troy Landry during our time in Louisiana; he is a character.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
After a long "dry spell," the "reality show" Swamp People returns to the History Channel at 9PM tonight for an extended two hour and ten minute premier.

The series is based upon the experiences of various Louisiana swamp-dwelling families who devote their time to hunting and trapping alligators during Louisiana's one-month-long alligator hunting season.

Coming from various Louisiana ethnic sub-groups, most of them now speak with a similar patios that requires that the producers of the show provide sub-titles so the viewer can accurately follow the action.

During my six year assignment to the New Orleans Field Office of the Secret Service, I worked for a Louisiana native who was from the heart of the area where much of the program is filmed. We spent many hours fishing, but not alligator hunting, in some of the same waters.

I will be watching tonight, for old times' sake.

(Spoiler alert..............they kill the alligators.)

My older brother watches this show once in a while among other History Channel offerings.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:22 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Record and watch all. They are some tough people!
Closed Thread

Tags
louisiana, hunting, tonight, alligators, alligator

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.