Thinking and caring about the people from Manchester.

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Saddest part about this attack is that the FBI had a "heads up" that there could be an attack at this concert and did nothing to prevent it. Seems they have a lot of blood on their hands.
Cite your source for that please.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Ariana Grande on Manchester Bombing: 'I am so so sorry. I don't have words.' - Towleroad

And these things have a huge load on the survivor/victims in the celebrities involved. But do give them opportunities to really bring people together and stand against this kind of evil. Quite a burden though to put on someone usually not trained for anything like this.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Cite your source for that please.
Fox Business News had it on yesterday when the attack happened. It was on the screen for all to read.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Fox Business News had it on yesterday when the attack happened. It was on the screen for all to read.
The FBI is the United State's agency. (????) Are you SURE that is what you read?

There have been warnings from our State Department about any large gatherings in Europe, including music venues, issued repeatedly. I was concerned about grandchildren last summer attending a large concert in Barcelona.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:46 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

We have not traveled abroad that much (couple of times) but Manchester was one of our brief stops. We found England, Scotland and Ireland residents so friendly and laid back. On our visit to Saint Andrews (home of golf) as non-golfers on a trip they even let us go out on a couple of holes for photos.

It's so very sad all the nice people have to put up with the ones taught to kill and hate. And that's what Extremist do---teach their children and others to hate and kill. Prayers for the people of Manchester and especially the children. For some of us, this area of the world is where our ancestors came to find better opportunities in the New World. Peace.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Sage

Watch the tourism numbers.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Saddest part about this attack is that the FBI had a "heads up" that there could be an attack at this concert and did nothing to prevent it. Seems they have a lot of blood on their hands.
So, how do you know that?
Old 05-23-2017, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Oh, that explains it all...................................
Old 05-23-2017, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

It's hard to comprehend the hate that it takes to kill young kids and my heart goes out to all of the victims and their families.
I saw an expert on ISIS interviewed this AM and he was asked how they could target children in the name of Islam. He stated that targeting children is considered totally acceptable because:

1) Their parents pay taxes that are use to fight against the establishment of a worldwide caliphate under sharia law

2) By attacking their children, parents will be discouraged and want to surrender

3) The children will grow up to breed more "infidels", whom they will eventually have to kill anyway.

So how do we fight this mental illness????
Old 05-23-2017, 12:32 PM
Sage

Worldwide Caution
Old 05-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Very sad and unsettling; only a matter of time until something like this happens again in the US.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Very sad and unsettling; only a matter of time until something like this happens again in the US.
I absolutely agree.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Yes. But people should always keep there guard up. If you see something; say something. That foiled plot here in the Villages involving the high school even if that was just some punk kids mouthing off. It sometimes does not take much to make one of these grudges against an institution something a whole lot more tragic.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:22 AM

The Manchester situation is something that shouldn't be forgotten. Each death isn't just a photo on the television, it is a person, with family and friends. The aren't pets, they were people. I saw 9/11 and the aftermath, and to see all the 8 x 11 1/2 pages of photos taped to the walls of all the hospitals as loved ones looked for the missing (and later found to be dead) was heartbreaking. This is heartbreaking also.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I hate the world my grandson is growing up in. It is violent and mean-spirited. Kindness and basic decency just seem to be words spoken, but rarely deeds witnessed. Finding a wallet with money in it and returning it to the owner is something that has to be reported in the news rather than something taken for granted. Children killing children is an everyday occurrence. Racial hatred and bigotry is escalating. The best we can do is lead by example. Show our children and grandchildren that violence does no good, that kindness can make a difference, that honesty does matter. I don't know how we can change the world, but I do know that hating and fearing only make things worse. I hope and pray that we can find a way to come together.
I see the good and kindness in people, and I feel encouraged. I watch the news on TV and feel discouraged.

Off topic, but there are still kind people, even in a large metropolitan area like Chicago. Last week I was driving home from work, stopped at a traffic light. A lady came up to my driver's side window and told me that one of my rear taillights was out. What a nice thing for her to do! I drove straight to Jiffy Lube to have that bulb replaced. That lady may have saved me from a traffic ticket. So there are still kind, decent people in this world. They just don't make the lead story on TV every night.

Tags
hear, sad, attack, terrorist, frightening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.