Thinking and caring about the people from Manchester.

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
All true, but none of those are deliberately caused by psychotic fanatics, and most of them do not provide a target for retaliation.
I know you're smart enough to realize that there's one primary reason, for the irrational fear of being killed by a terrorist...but that belongs more appropriately in the Political Forum.

Not to mention, that a large number of the causes listed...can be directly controlled.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I know you're smart enough to realize that there's one primary reason, for the irrational fear of being killed by a terrorist...but that belongs more appropriately in the Political Forum.

Not to mention, that a large number of the causes listed...can be directly controlled.
exactly my point!
Old 06-04-2017, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
exactly my point!
I am an advocate of rooting out ALL extremists and taking the appropriate actions to eliminate/prosecute them...not just certain ones.

Especially given that a lot of our own homegrown extremists...are not associated with the ones so many fear.

Fearing the ones less likely to kill us, more than the ones who are more likely... still seems 'irrational' to me.

For your perusal.

Majority of fatal attacks on U.S. soil carried out by white supremacists, not terrorists - Washington Times
Quote:

In the 14 years since the Sept. 11 terror attacks, nearly twice as many people have been killed in the United States by white supremacists and anti-government radicals than by Muslim jihadis, according to a new study.

White supremacists and anti-government radicals have killed 48 Americans, including last week’s deadly attack in South Carolina, versus 26 killings by Muslim radicals, according to a count by New America, a Washington research center.

New America program associate David Sterman said the study shows that white supremacy and anti-government idealists are a major problem, that their growth rate needs to be addressed and that there is an “ignored threat” woven in the fabric of American society.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I am an advocate of rooting out ALL extremists and taking the appropriate actions to eliminate/prosecute them...not just certain ones.

Especially given that a lot of our own homegrown extremists...are not associated with the ones so many fear.

Fearing the ones less likely to kill us, more than the ones who are more likely... still seems 'irrational' to me.

For your perusal.

Majority of fatal attacks on U.S. soil carried out by white supremacists, not terrorists - Washington Times
Not sure I agree with the statistics:

Terrorist attacks by violent jihadis in the US since 9/11 | US news | The Guardian

Add Orlando and that brings the total to 95 since 9/11, so maybe twice as many killed by Islamic terrorists than white supremacists?
Closed Thread

Tags
hear, sad, attack, terrorist, frightening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.