Thinking of moving on further South...

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2020, 07:13 AM

Look at the Groves in Land O Lakes.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:14 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweglor View Post
I During "the season" we could wait 5 minutes or more just to get onto Morse from our street. Can't even imagine how long it will take once the apartments go in where HCC used to be. .

5 minutes.

Add 200 apartments to the current population......the sky is falling.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
Been here eight and one half years. Own two homes. One on a Championship course and a rental. Lots of changes here even in that time. The luster of TV has worn off. More we don't care for than we do. Thinking of taking my equity and moving on. Looking at homes elsewhere tomorrow. Outside realtors say many feel the same way. Not a lot posted about people leaving and why other than grandkiditus! Thoughts? I'm sure the first will be "don't let the door knob catch you"!

Blast away!
Thought about it too. We're from Palm Beach, miss it and might go back.....
Old 11-05-2020, 07:19 AM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

This is a great topic! I know people that live in wonderful places. In the same location some love it, and some hate it. Some folks can live almost anywhere and enjoy life, while others are miserable everywhere they go! However, others are turned on by doing activities and such and find the place that makes them happy! Lo (their happy place). If you have the means, live wherever you want to and don’t be like so many people who have regrets. We could get to the place in our lives, that we can’t move. Enjoy each and every moment, life is too short! God bless you!
Old 11-05-2020, 07:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweglor View Post
I can understand exactly how you feel. We have been here since 2008 and so much has changed. In a million years I would have never thought the Hacienda Country Club would be torn down and APARTMENTS be put there. What a travesty. Katie Belles downsized then replaced by APARTMENTS and more apartments over stores in Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter? Pure, mitigated GREED. The Villages is becoming a city, not a retirement community. When we moved here there were parades on major holidays as well as many free events throughout the year all sponsored by The Villages. People were smiling more and there was a community spirit that is lacking now. Like you, we are considering moving. For us, though, it will be a little different. You see, we retired here because The Villages offered us a lifestyle we could never afford anywhere else. It was such a feeling of freedom and lifestyle that we worked hard all our lives to achieve. We saw ourselves spending the rest of our lives here, rented full time for a number of years and ultimately purchased a patio villa four years ago. Imagine our shock when the developer extended beyond route 44. We had been told that 44 was the end of The Villages. Then The Lofts popped up. Apartments in The Villages? We had been told it would always be residential single family homes. Once all these changes happened, the whole environment changed. Now the developer has come back to the original phases and is replacing established properties with apartments. What's next? That question alone haunts us every day. We live off of Morse Blvd. During "the season" we could wait 5 minutes or more just to get onto Morse from our street. Can't even imagine how long it will take once the apartments go in where HCC used to be. To consider moving to another location in TV is pretty unrealistic for us because of the prices. Here we are at 78 and 74 looking at a change of life. My disappointment is only surpassed by my anger at having to make this kind of decision now because of the greed which has become so prevalent here in "The Friendliest Town In Florida".🤬 P.S. I don't need any sarcastic, nasty comments so please constrain yourselves.
Some people, such as the OP, choose to be in control of their lives. Others choose to do nothing and complain about it.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think the Pandemic has caused a major slowdown in all kinds of things, especially the happy interchanges that makes this place so much fun.

It is so good to know this place is an excellent investment. No one will stop you doing what you want. I can't imagine a place that suits me better than this, even as I age, I find my peers here gracefully showing me the way. The people I know here and love are the reason I love this place. It is so GOOD to be with people who understand your views because they have lived through very similar experiences and times. I don't think I would enjoy a place where all ages lived. It is so good here. A soft place to fall.
So nicely stated GG. 😊
Old 11-05-2020, 07:22 AM

Where in Ga? we have been looking and considering the same option
Old 11-05-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Been here eight and one half years. Own two homes. One on a Championship course and a rental. Lots of changes here even in that time. The luster of TV has worn off. More we don't care for than we do. Thinking of taking my equity and moving on. Looking at homes elsewhere tomorrow. Outside realtors say many feel the same way. Not a lot posted about people leaving and why other than grandkiditus! Thoughts? I'm sure the first will be "don't let the door knob catch you"!

Blast away!
Fully understand your feelings. I came here 11 years ago and felt TV was really unique. We were told that they were going to cap the population at around 90 to 100k. Building would stop at 466a, then it became 44. What made it special were things like Katie Bells the Cattle Barons restaurant. The deli restaurant in Sumter Landing where Panera is now located. You could actually go out to dinner and not have to wait over an hour to be seated and the golf courses were in better shape as they use to over seed them for winter conditions. To me TV has lost this quaintness and as turned into suburban sprawl where everything has become about money. Don’t get me wrong, TV is still a nice place, but as I tell some of my friends it’s not for everyone.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Good luck, everyone has different choices and ideas...mine is to enjoy Florida, but I would never want to be near the coast and the risks of hurricanes and thoughts of having to evacuate, higher insurance ...to each his own...and your assessment of what is better is simply yours..
Good points. I never thought about those aspects if I was to choose to live on the coast.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:33 AM

I’d be interested also as to where you are looking in Sarasota. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:

Blast away!
I have a couple of questions: What was the "luster" of TV that's changed? And has it changed, or has your tolerance for annoying things that were always part of the TV experience changed?

I'm thinking that other communities have similar issues of their own that would have to be discovered in advance. You would have to have some conversations with long-time residents at these prospective locations to find out.

In the end, I hope you end up in a place you're happy with. That's all that matters.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:52 AM

As we age and kids have moved away, we have found our friends to be our “family” but as many of them have been discussing leaving, we find ourselves considering that option. While the thought can be exciting and somewhat energizing, I find myself worried that it might be too late to develop meaningful relationships with not so many years left to us. Do we want to be alone in a less hectic place or is it better to remain in a busy changed but familiar spot. Not sure I know the answer.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcacace View Post
I’d be interested also as to where you are looking in Sarasota. Thanks.
The OP can answer this, but there's a huge master planned community called "Lakewood Ranch" just outside of Sarasota that has lots of developer communities. It's highly rated, and very popular.

Here's a PDF map that shows all the different developers and their locations. A few of the communties are 55+. Others are all ages.

Community Map of Lakewood Ranch
Old 11-05-2020, 08:07 AM

We love it here! Been here since 2006. Enjoy your move to a new place!
Old 11-05-2020, 08:29 AM

Go for it! Life is too short. Have fun, enjoy and let us know where you land. We're thinking about it too.
Closed Thread

Tags
thinking, homes, moving, leaving, realtors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.