For those of you, like me, from New Jersey

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2015, 08:47 PM

We live in a perfect town... Pitman
Old 07-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts
Default Almost outta her

Other than the sky high property taxs. Red lite cameras. Political Soprano Hood. It is just wonderful. We witnessed the 2nd building being hit on 9/11 then had the smoke from it and 20,000 people who couldn't get home living in the streets of Elizabeth N.J. for over a day with no help from anyone except volunteer resident's. Everyone was paralyzed. We pulled together and helped one another. On the other hand the damage that was done by the Sandy Storm has still not been repaired. The Seaside area of the N.J. boardwalk is fine but the neighborhoods close to the action are still a disgrace. I pay $8000 a year $667 a month for property taxs for what. Florida...The Villages here we come...We will be grateful to live amongst the 55+ gang. Lets see my Florida taxs should be around $67 a month. I can use the difference to live it up or help my children or a stranger if I choose. I can't wait. We have been held hostage here long enough. Can't wait to call home to N.J. & play Shoveling Sunshine during the first blizzard.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Veteran member

Oh, did I forget to mention Carli Lloyd?

Home | Carli Lloyd - 2x Olympic Gold Medalist - The Official Website
Old 07-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandMary View Post
We live in a perfect town... Pitman
I went to Glassboro. I always loved Pitman too.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:07 PM

I moved to The Villages seven years ago and have no regrets. I was born and raised in Paterson, NJ (city) moved to Ringwood in my 20's. It was beautiful up there; the mountains, lakes, wild life were unforgettable. It was a wonderful place to raise a family and get in touch with nature.

From there, I moved "down the shore" to Manahawkin (exit 63) on a lagoon. I loved the LBI beach and swimming and crabbing in the lagoon.

I have many, many great memories of living in NJ. But, the taxes drove us away. When I do go up, I can't wait to come back to this beautiful place I call home.

Thanks for letting me share.

PS: I still don't know why people say I "tawk" funny.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Visiting the Jersey shore has great memories for me. Always love the ocean and salt water.
Go about an hour and 1/2 east from here and find the same Atlantic ocean, salt water and all but much warmer.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Go about an hour and 1/2 east from here and find the same Atlantic ocean, salt water and all but much warmer.
Ah, yes. BUT, hardly the same ambiance! And no taffy, candy apples, cotton candy, sausage sandwiches, pizza, hot dogs/burgers, fudge, peanuts in their shells, frozen custard, fresh squeezed lemonade/orangeade - all within a short 1,000 feet - and the happy sight of watching families create memories of a lifetime vacation!

The Jersey shore isn't all about just sand and ocean. With all of the above, fresh picked Jersey corn and tomatoes - I wouldn't be anywhere else in the Summer!

Closed Thread

Tags
jersey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.