For those of you, like me, from New Jersey

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Veteran member
Default For those of you, like me, from New Jersey

New Jersey: The Most Hated State In America, New Poll Says | Basking Ridge, NJ Patch
Old 07-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I don't feel that way at all. There is only one misconception that I have to clear up with the folks I meet from New Jersey.

OHIO has the best tomatoes and sweet corn.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't feel that way at all. There is only one misconception that I have to clear up with the folks I meet from New Jersey.

Reynoldsburg Ohio is the tomato capital of the world. And Millersport has their annual sweetcorn festival.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Email Reported As Spam

We all have our own reality. I believe articles like this as much as I do the best 10 states to live, retire, vacation etc. Its all in the eye of the beholder.

Having said all of that it will be interesting to see how the Jersey candidate plays in Nebraska because that will be one test for the strength of this article
Old 07-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

garden state all the way , we got the best pizza and the shore.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm so glad I'm in the sixty percent that truly likes New Jersey and its residents. Like any state, it has a dismal side (yes, even my beloved California...LA Basin is seriously yucky IMO), but there is a reason it is called the Garden State. And I've found most of the inhabitants to be more like you and Mary than the hard-charging, driven Jerseyites described in the article. So, I'd say YouGov is full of it. Besides, their grammar is atrocious.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Platinum member
Default Opinion told to me.

I have been told many times that the rural farming Areas of the state are beautiful. My only experience has been the turnpikes to and from the Cape.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Most people only know New Jersey from driving down the turnpike or 95. The other thing people hear all the time is jokes by New Yorkers about New Jersey. The western part of the state is beautiful. The people are great, but they talk funny.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

And those of us from Jersey who have debated that point with graciegirl have been gracious enough to allow her to believe as she wants because we are kind and smart enough to know when and why to end such debate!

Why else would NJ - and not Ohio - be known as The Garden State

Old 07-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Gold member

I was born in Newark, NJ. I spent all my school years in Newark, Caldwell, South Orange, and Bloomfield. I couldn't wait to get out. As soon as I turned 18 shortly after High School I went down and volunteered to join the Armed Forces. This was during Viet Nam and I went anyway. My parents and sister's family lived there all their lives and the only reason I ever went back was to see them. I still get nervous any time I have to go back. Sorry to all you NJ fans but I just can't stand to be there any longer than a week during the holidays and then it's out of there again.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I was born in Newark, NJ. I spent all my school years in Newark, Caldwell, South Orange, and Bloomfield. I couldn't wait to get out. As soon as I turned 18 shortly after High School I went down and volunteered to join the Armed Forces. This was during Viet Nam and I went anyway. My parents and sister's family lived there all their lives and the only reason I ever went back was to see them. I still get nervous any time I have to go back. Sorry to all you NJ fans but I just can't stand to be there any longer than a week during the holidays and then it's out of there again.
Mike you hit the nail right on the head. 64 year New Jerseyite from the Jersey Shore that now goes back 1 week at Christmas for family. That's the only reason I leave paradise.....And GracieGirl.... you can only wish that Ohio had tomatoes and corn 1/2 as good as Jersey .
Skip 2
Old 07-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Sage

CT voted the worst state to be retired in, and they don't even have tomatos.

They tax you to death. I thought the taxes in NY was bad until I had moved to CT, and they have all the taxes of NY, plus they have a property tax for your car.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!

I knew there was a reason I moved to TV.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

Last edited by 2BNTV; 07-03-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
CT voted the worst state to be retired in, and they don't even have tomatoes.

They tax you to death. I though the taxes in NY was bad until I had moved to CT, and they have all the taxes of NY, plus they have a property tax for your car.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!

I knew there was a reason I moved to TV.

Wow to think they retire some where else where taxation is lower after they voted their elected officials in that couldn't balance rock on the ground. I feel sorry for the ones that get stuck in the glorified states that are on the verge of bankruptcy.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

This is for the 40%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMhcBOrvovE
Old 07-04-2015, 09:04 AM

Nice video. Lots of great places in the state to see and things to do. Surprised no one mentioned pork roll. My mouth's watering just thinking of it!
Closed Thread

Tags
jersey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.