Tire Repair

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2022, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
One of my car tires has developed a slow leak. Probably picked up a nail somewhere. Looking for suggestions of someplace honest to fix it since it only has 15,000 miles. Thanks.
Quality Tire & Brake on 466. Von (not sure if I'm spelling his name right) is the owner. He is honest, reliable and a good guy. His place doesn't look like much but him and his mechanics know what they are doing. I can't say enough good things about the service here. There are people who tow their cars to him from other parts of Florida because he is that good. His prices are fair.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
I carry an air compressor, patch/plug kit and my AAA card in my car.
In a pinch, it will get me to a safe area. I do know my limitations
I've been patching and or plugging tires since I was 16.
Same here. Also if the plug still leaks a little shoot some “ fix a flat” in there and it will seal it up and not affect the tpms sensors
Old 01-21-2022, 11:46 AM

Thanks again for the suggestions. The culprit was a little finishing nail. Since it was the most convenient, I went to Sumter Tire. Twenty minutes and $28 later I drove away with a patched tire. They don’t plug unless requested since they think that makes the hole bigger.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:53 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
Thanks again for the suggestions. The culprit was a little finishing nail. Since it was the most convenient, I went to Sumter Tire. Twenty minutes and $28 later I drove away with a patched tire. They don’t plug unless requested since they think that makes the hole bigger.
Thanks for providing a solution to your problem
Old 01-21-2022, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
They are somewhat quick to say it cannot be fixed and sell you a new one.

Would recommend Sumter tire
Old 01-21-2022, 03:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
In a previous post you were annoyed by a two-week wait for tire rotation at Sam’s?
Haven't you figured it out yet? Bashed them in the Hearing Aid post too! IMHO

When I was a kid, I got bit by a German Shepherd and was afraid of dogs for years. I think someone named Sam may have bitten him years ago.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Haven't you figured it out yet? Bashed them in the Hearing Aid post too! IMHO
\
I have hearing aids and when I have a problem can always get an appt same day to get them fixed. Have seen where Sams audiologist is on vacation and hearing center closed for a week at a time.
Think the tire center takes too long to fix tires or rotate. They have more business than they can handle and should expand that section of the store to better serve their customers. Or expand their hours to the same hours as the club is open.

To answer your bashing comment. we are regular customers of Sams and overall think they do a great job. However I do call them as I see them. Sorry if you do not approve.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
\
I have hearing aids and when I have a problem can always get an appt same day to get them fixed. Have seen where Sams audiologist is on vacation and hearing center closed for a week at a time.
Think the tire center takes too long to fix tires or rotate. They have more business than they can handle and should expand that section of the store to better serve their customers. Or expand their hours to the same hours as the club is open.

To answer your bashing comment. we are regular customers of Sams and overall think they do a great job. However I do call them as I see them. Sorry if you do not approve.
It's O.K. to call them as you see them, as long as you look for some positive too. I have purchased two sets of hearing aids from this Sam's Club. Both Kim who used to work there and Derry and the other guy who are there now are great. They are always available for me. They have hours that differ from the store hours. They are open Monday-Saturday 9a.m. 6p.m. Closed Sunday. One or both are always there. Their hours are posted online and we don't go looking for them when they are not there..... and as far as them changing their hours, well we just never wanted to run that business and figured there were enough others around here that did! Have a good day..... you know, the kind where you find plenty to complain about.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
\

BTW nobody at hearing center this morning at 11 30.

It was the tire manager who complained his dept was too small to handle their workload.

Silly me thought this was a place to put out opinions not to be bashed because you disagreed.
Closed Thread

Tags
tire, miles, 15, 000, fix, honest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.