Today is national nurses day

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2020, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts
Default Today is national nurses day

Today is national nurses day. Tonight before dinner I will remove my ball cap, stand up and raise my glass to salute our new national heroes. They are fighting a terrible war unselfishly on our behalf. My thanks to you and your families for such an unimaginable sacrifice - SALUTE !
Old 05-06-2020, 03:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

I hate nurses, but only when I am in the hospital. They are always sticking you with needles, waking you up in the middle of the night, and ripping the hairs off your skin with the stickiest tape known to mankind.

I love them when they let me out though.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Today is national nurses day. Tonight before dinner I will remove my ball cap, stand up and raise my glass to salute our new national heroes. They are fighting a terrible war unselfishly on our behalf. My thanks to you and your families for such an unimaginable sacrifice - SALUTE !
Well said. I so agree. Strong and mighty, smart and hard working, dedicated and brave, every man and woman of them.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

God Bless The Nurses One and All!
Old 05-06-2020, 05:24 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
God Bless The Nurses One and All!

Old 05-06-2020, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Best thing I ever did was marry a nurse.. She is my hero..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-07-2020, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Yay for Nurses for sure.....however, let's extend the recognition to EVERYONE that is working in health care...including the folks in the background roles that support the whole thing and help to make it all work....like those that prepare and deliver the food, those that wash the floors, that do the laundry, the volunteers that wheel people about, the social workers that answer our questions, the aids, the folks that staff the hospital gift shops....they are all putting themselves at risk by continuing to 'show up for work'
Old 05-07-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
I hate nurses, but only when I am in the hospital. They are always sticking you with needles, waking you up in the middle of the night, and ripping the hairs off your skin with the stickiest tape known to mankind.

I love them when they let me out though.
I read these opinions most mornings, sometimes for a laugh, sometimes to just shake my head...and have never posted. But Mr. GoodLife you struck a cord this morning, because you made your statement and dropped it there. If your response was meant to be a joke you failed to say so.
If you are in the hospital you have a condition that needs to be addressed, your not on vacation at a Holiday Express. So when that nurse working 10 or 12 hour shifts wake you in the middle of the night to take your vital signs or stick you with that needle containing medication you require to improve or possibly save your life, they are not getting some perverse enjoyment from it.
Here’s something for you to ponder. Your physician is not with you at the hospital for those hours, but those nurses are. They are the ones that call the doctor at 3:00 in the morning to alert that your condition has changed. And believe me the nurse knows that because they are knowledgeable, alert and make that call to receive the orders to give you a positive outcome. We take that responsibility very seriously. They are professionals, and it seems to have taken a pandemic for the general population to recognize that due to the news coverage.
I hope that as this pandemic passes and the much earned respect continues. I pray that you have a safe and continued GoodLife.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancy514 View Post
I read these opinions most mornings, sometimes for a laugh, sometimes to just shake my head...and have never posted. But Mr. GoodLife you struck a cord this morning, because you made your statement and dropped it there. If your response was meant to be a joke you failed to say so.
If you are in the hospital you have a condition that needs to be addressed, your not on vacation at a Holiday Express. So when that nurse working 10 or 12 hour shifts wake you in the middle of the night to take your vital signs or stick you with that needle containing medication you require to improve or possibly save your life, they are not getting some perverse enjoyment from it.
Here’s something for you to ponder. Your physician is not with you at the hospital for those hours, but those nurses are. They are the ones that call the doctor at 3:00 in the morning to alert that your condition has changed. And believe me the nurse knows that because they are knowledgeable, alert and make that call to receive the orders to give you a positive outcome. We take that responsibility very seriously. They are professionals, and it seems to have taken a pandemic for the general population to recognize that due to the news coverage.
I hope that as this pandemic passes and the much earned respect continues. I pray that you have a safe and continued GoodLife.
It was just a joke, the smiley face at the end was meant to give you a clue. I find the "hero worship" fads to be temporary. For instance, fire fighters were proclaimed heroes after 9/11. Years later you saw comments here complaining they were fighting for a raise.

I have always supported and respected first responders and medical professionals, and I don't need a tragedy to do so.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:45 AM

It is also national prayer day
Old 05-07-2020, 09:13 AM

Thanks to ALL people who serve America in the medical field and to all emergency services personnel.
All of America salute you tireless and honorable people
Old 05-07-2020, 10:26 AM

Thank you !
Old 05-07-2020, 12:51 PM

I took it as a joke and I work at a hospital...
Old 05-07-2020, 01:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi-G View Post
I took it as a joke and I work at a hospital...
Yayyyy! I hope you have never been my nurse because I can get cranky. I always send them flowers once they let me go.
Closed Thread

Tags
national, today, salute, day, nurses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.