Tommy rant. Yo God

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I apologize for having signed off this thread. Having said that I must point out that this is the most biased, uncalled for, and completely off topic post. I thought you proposed decent and reasonable, calm discussions. This ain't it.
Would you care to point out where it is biased or not factual?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
TAINTED ?

What are you trying to do ? Nobody claimed any superiority or perfection....why in the world would someone bring something up like to simply "taint" any other good works. Who is it that you want to feel guilty ?
And for what ?

These statements you make are so completely unrelated to anything....your comments are really uncalled for.

This is the kind of rhetoric that is bad....

"oh, you say this about this issue.....that must mean you are a (fill in the blank)"

Oh, you believe this...that means you (fill in the blank)
Rags - don't sweat it. He has shown his true colors. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Would you care to point out where it is biased or not factual?
To repeat, it's off point and exhibits few of the characteristics you espouse in debate.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
If you are tired of lectures you might consider not lecturing.
I spoke to and only about Toms original post. I lectured nobody at all. I simply KNOW about religion in public schools and do not need to hear it from anyone else....I know of nobody who advocates whatever it is that you are preaching on....your beliefs are your beliefs.....nobody on here is disagreeing but you keep trying to make them disagreeable.

Has any poster at any time ever said they advocate religion in public schools ? Has any poster at any time ever said they did not understand what the constitution says ?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Rags - don't sweat it. He has shown his true colors. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Thanks and same to you.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
And precisely what are his "true colors"? I will have a wonderful Thanksgiving, thanks.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
And precisely what are his "true colors"? I will have a wonderful Thanksgiving, thanks.
I truly truly hope you do have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and a Merry Christmas. Best wishes for your continuing health and success during 2015.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
WOW! So anyone that disagrees with the totality of your world view is either Athiest or Muslim? Now there is tolerance for you.

That is NOT what I said and you know it. It is also not my world but the world we live in. The contributions made by various religions are enormous in thisCountry and I am tired of seeing them being attacked by those intolerants who are offended with the simple word of GOD. It is usually from those who contribute little or nothing attacking those who contribute the most. That being said, let the attackers list the contributions of what ever they represent. You can start Eweissenbach .Have you ever seen a Muslim or Athiest hospital? I heard of Catholic Relief Services and Catholic Charities., but not Muslim Relief Services or Athiest Charities.

I am suggesting that Of attacking those that make enormous contributions, why not join in their efforts instead of tearing them down at every opportunity.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
I truly truly hope you do have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and a Merry Christmas. Best wishes for your continuing health and success during 2015.
And also with you.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Interesting that some of folks who gladly accept some of the services and benefits of various religious groups are some of the same folks who protest because it is not in their "right setting". and the ones who do the most protesting seem to do the least for their fellow man I site the contributions made by Catholic without regard to religion.,

Do you know the Catholic Church educates 2.6 million students everyday at the cost to that Church of 10 billion dollars, and a savings on the other hand to the American taxpayer of 18 billion dollars. The graduates go on to graduate studies at the rate of 92%.

The Church has 230 colleges and universities in the U.S. with an enrollment of 700,000 students.

The Catholic Church has a non-profit hospital system of 637 hospitals, which account for hospital treatment of 1 out of every 5 people - not just Catholics - in the United States today

NEXT UP...ATHIESTS AND MUSLIMS.THE FLOORI IS YOURS
Quote:
WOW! So anyone that disagrees with the totality of your world view is either Athiest or Muslim? Now there is tolerance for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
That is NOT what I said and you know it.
If that is not what you said how is one to interpret the last sentence, in all caps for emphasis, of your original post. I am, by the way not an Athiest OR Muslim and I volunteer at a local hospital, a food pantry, and contribute to my church and several charities.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Two of my kids graduated from Catholic high school which I paid for in its entirety since I was not Catholic, in addition to gladly paying my fair share for public education through my income and property taxes. The diocese which included their school (Kansas City / St. Joseph - look it up)has paid millions of dollars to settle lawsuits as the result of priests molesting children. The Bishop has been indicted for covering up a number of these molestations that he had knowledge of, and is currently under investigation by the Vatican while refusing to resign. So please know that your righteous indignation concerning the obvious good done by The Church is somewhat tainted by some very reprehensible acts.
Does the small percentage of priests who engaged in that behavior eliminate all the good works you want to ignore? Your post lacks any perspective.
Excerpts of an article written by non-Catholic Sam Miller- - a prominent Cleveland Jewish businessman:

"Why would newspapers carry on a vendetta on one of the most important institutions that we have today in the United States, namely the Catholic Church?

But the press is vindictive and trying to totally denigrate in every way the Catholic Church in this country. They have blamed the disease of pedophilia on the Catholic Church, which is as irresponsible as blaming adultery on the institution of marriage.

Let me give you some figures that Catholics should know and remember. For example, 12% of the 300 Protestant clergy surveyed admitted to sexual intercourse with a parishioner; 38% acknowledged other inappropriate sexual contact in a study by the United Methodist Church, 41.8% of clergy women reported unwanted sexual behavior; 17% of laywomen have been sexually harassed.

Meanwhile, 1.7% of the Catholic clergy has been found guilty of pedophilia. 10% of the Protestant ministers have been found guilty of pedophilia. This is not a Catholic problem.

A study of American priests showed that most are happy in the priesthood and find it even better than they had expected, and that most, if given the choice, would choose to be priests again in face of all this obnoxious PR the church has been receiving.

The Catholic Church is bleeding from self-inflicted wounds. The agony that Catholics have felt and suffered is not necessarily the fault of the Church. You have been hurt by a small number of wayward priests that have probably been totally weeded out by now.

Walk with your shoulders high and your head higher. Be a proud member of the most important non-governmental agency in the United States .

Last edited by villagerjack; 11-24-2014 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Soelling
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.