Too close for comfort

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2014, 05:18 AM
Sage
Default Too close for comfort

New predator on our daughter's land......this is getting a bit too close for comfort.

""Ok...I know I live in the country and I know that I need to coexist with wildlife...but the bobcat that was sitting in my yard today, staring down my chickens and cats...sigh. Bear, fox, raccoon and now bobcat? It didn't really run away when I got big and loud and threw a rock. It just slunk away a few feet and looked at me, then moved a few feet more and turned around to look again. Brazen I say. Sent hubby out to patrol. Girls and one rooster locked up for the night.""

The "girls" are the laying hens.......but they also have three children plus just had over a month of foreign exchange students from China visiting.

http://bigcatrescue.blogspot.com/201...er-bobcat.html

Old 08-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Sage

There might be some viewers who do not know you do not live in The Villages and believe this happened here instead of New England.

Yes, we have wild animals too, but not many are seen on a regular basis.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Gold member

We sometimes forget that there are areas in our country which are just as remote and dangerous as they were a century ago. A friend in a remote area of Maine told me of an occurrence where he found himself being stalked by a wolf. Fortunately he had a firearm without which he probably would not have survived.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.