Trader Joes

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Veteran member
Default Trader Joes

Dont know if you ever heard of Trader Joes but it is a great store. none in Florida but if enough people email Traderjoes.com they will probably build one in this area. Great prices on wine and all kinds of food stuffs. Everyone send of your emails and see if we can get one here.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Default Re: Trader Joes

Trader Joes is a gourmet food store that is reasonably priced. It would be great in TV, but would create competition with the new Sweetwater Bay's
Old 10-08-2007, 08:35 AM

Trader Joe's sells 2 buck Chuck!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Platinum member

We had a Sweet Bay near us in Tampa. It was a traditional supermarket---never thought of it as gourmet. Perhaps this one will be different.

I've been to a Trader Joe's. Now that is SOME shopping experience!
Tampa, FL
Old 10-08-2007, 09:38 AM

I already wrote to them,send those emails folks.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Dancing Thyme

Coming to TV from Los Angeles in Nov. and am looking for more gourmet shopping like Trader Joe's but you just answered my question. Too bad they're not in TV yet. Does anyone know if there is a Whole Foods Market? Or any other organic vegetables and meats store? Thanks, :dontknow:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-08-2007, 03:43 PM

A Fresh Market grocery has been announced for Buffalo Ridge Shopping Center. Look them up on the internet. I think you will be pleased and surprised
Old 10-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Dancing Thyme

Thanks, Coach. I checked on Fresh Market and it looks very very good. The current closest one is near Pine Hills near Orlando. But I also checked website for Whole Foods and found they have one in Winter Park. Not sure where that is but well worth the trip.

I also check Publix website and they have some natural and organic foods. Thanks for your help. See you Nov. 1.... Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-12-2007, 12:55 PM

There is a Fresh Market in Gainesville.

The Whole Foods in Winter Park is so-so.Very small.

The day I went the fish was awful looking. Not much of a meat market.

I never went back.

I was spoiled with the 2 two huge stores in Ft.Lauderdale.

I have e-mailed Whole Foods consistently for 2 years to come here.

I am thrilled that Fresh Market will be ready to open next summer.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Whole Foods And Trader Joes

Trader Joes would be an ideal addition to The Villages. But seeing that TJ doesn't have any stores in Florida, it would be hard to imagine that TV would be their first choice.

We enjoyed our big, new Whole Foods store as well as Trader Joes "up north". The Whole Foods in Winter Park is a little brother or "red-headed stepchild" of the newer, bigger Whole Foods stores. Visit there if you happen to be in the area for other reasons, but it sure isn't worth a special trip. Kind of disappointing.

We have high hopes for a greater selection of prepared fresh foods at the soon-to-open SweetBay in TV. If it doesn't turn out to meet our high expectations, we'll be very disappointed. Publix is OK for standard grocery items, but we really miss the wider selection of prepared foods, specialty bakery and gourmet items we became used to at a couple local groceries in Chicago's north shore 'burbs.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Sweetbay hasn't come anywhere close to my expectations of quality foods. What a disappointment, IMHO! I would have hoped TV would have had better sense with selecting a store to be located in the midst of LSL. Again, IMHO, not a wise decision on TV's part.

Publix is better but no where near the quality or with the selection that Trader Joe's or Whole Foods market has...as we have up here in Michigan. Whole Foods is a HUGE store here. Trader Joe's isn't as big but their stock is different and the prices on some items (fish, to be exact) are much better.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Gold member

Trader Joe's is very special, and maybe bombarding them with emails describing TV would just help them consider going a market survey. Our nearest TJ is about 50 miles, too far for a routine shopping trip (especially given the price of gas...), but we do stop there on every trip to visit an elderly aunt and uncle outside Hartford and our semiannual runs up to Boston. To have one in TV would be mahvelous!!!

http://traderjoes.com/contact_us.html
Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 PM

My daughter lives in LA area and when I go to visit, I always stock up at Trader Joe's. I'm in, will email today. All natural food and great prices.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I sent an email to Trader Joe's earlier today.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Lanier
Trader Joe's is very special, and maybe bombarding them with emails describing TV would just help them consider going a market survey. Our nearest TJ is about 50 miles, too far for a routine shopping trip (especially given the price of gas...), but we do stop there on every trip to visit an elderly aunt and uncle outside Hartford and our semiannual runs up to Boston. To have one in TV would be mahvelous!!!

http://traderjoes.com/contact_us.html
I emailed them requesting they research our community for a very profitable consideration to opening a facility in TV.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.