Treadmills

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2020, 08:01 AM
Platinum member
Default Walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Why do you need a treadmill in Florida? Just walk outside on the trails. Waking on the trails is better for your body than walking on a treadmill. You can walk outside when it’s not too hot or humid. In the snow belt states, it’s miserable to walk outside on the trails for six months during the long, cold, snowy, and icy winters.
I believe treadmills are great so you can exercise in any weather. Normal, casual walking doesn't elevate the heart to really get a good walking in. But there is good in any kind of walking. I use a iPad and watch something on sling or prime when on mine.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I thought I'd love my treadmill while watching TV. Pain in the butt to get rid of!
It wasn’t hard to get rid of our old treadmill after it broke down. It wasn’t worth repairing. I chopped up the treadmill with my reciprocating electric saw. The pieces easily fit in the recycling bin, garbage bin, and the electronic parts to the environment center that collects hazardous waste for free.

If your treadmill still works, it’s very easy to get rid of it. Simply post it on Facebook Marketplace. Facebook Marketplace has a learning curve, but once you get used to it, it’s very easy to sell thing that you don’t need anymore. Facebook Marketplace is free and works about 20 times better than Craig’s List. Don’t waste your time with a paid advertising listing in the newspaper. That method was over decades ago, along with the pay phones on the street corners.

Last edited by davephan; 10-30-2020 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:06 AM

We got one from Dick's in Ocala. They brought it and put it together for us. They do charge for the installation.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts
Default Most people who walk for exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
I believe treadmills are great so you can exercise in any weather. Normal, casual walking doesn't elevate the heart to really get a good walking in. But there is good in any kind of walking. I use a iPad and watch something on sling or prime when on mine.
Don’t casual walk
You can get very good cardio workout at fast pace and acclimate yourself to whatever temp in that season to help you enjoy Florida more , to me a treadmill is a passive exercise better suited to cold climates and even there I always did my running outside
Old 10-30-2020, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

We have treadmill and elliptical up North. Elliptical gets much more use cause its easier on the body and gives a better workout. Also we can go forward or backwards to engage different muscles. Eventually trained my dog on the treadmill for a workout on those cold icy days.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:32 PM
Platinum member

☺️👍🏻
Old 11-06-2020, 05:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
I don’t know when it will be safe to go back to the gym.
So I’m thinking of getting a treadmill for home.
They weigh over 200 lbs. so getting it shipped to my house would be
difficult.

Are there places to buy them and possibly assemble them for you?
Thanks.
Had several. It will collect dust. Put on a mask and run around the block. In the Summer run early or late. Treadmills are a waste.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
I don’t know when it will be safe to go back to the gym.
So I’m thinking of getting a treadmill for home.
They weigh over 200 lbs. so getting it shipped to my house would be
difficult.

Are there places to buy them and possibly assemble them for you?
Thanks.
We have been members of MVP Brownwood for six years as of last May and until March when they closed, we went 3 to 5 days a week. We finally returned Monday a week ago, so we were off about 7 months. I only use the treadmill since I've been lifting weights at home.

They only have 9 treadmills available since every other one is roped off. I've waited about five minutes on average the 4 times I've gone, and got a treadmill and walked 4 miles in 75 minutes. I don't see any problem with the way MVP is operating. They clean the machines all the time. They have hand sanitizers all over the place, they have the cleaning wipes all over the place, and you can wear your mask as much as you like.

My wife's Zumba, just like all the other classes require a reservation in advance. You go the MVP website and open an account page and then pull up the schedule and 24 hours before the class starts you can put in a reservation. Her class is always full, I'll go on the computer at 10:30 and enter her name and as soon as I do, it will say something like 3 spots available, you can't be late. Most of the other classes are not as filled and you can get in if you're a little late on the computer.
Closed Thread

Tags
lbs, shipped, house, difficult, places

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.